Former Bills' WR James Hardy Committed to a Mental Facility

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't the Bills think Hardy was unstable when between the draft and his rookie season he shot his dad!

But we "needed" a tall wide receiver...

But we needed a NT for the 3-4...

When you draft for need, you decrease the talent on your roster over the following five years, and that player rarely can fill the perceived need immediately before that need has shifted to something else.

We were all scratching our heads on the Troupe pick, but the two big ones I think we can all agree on and just about the whole TBD was in on was Ngata over Whitner and Orakpo over Maybin. Other than those two I think we have more "hindsight taking Brady in the 5th", even if there were some definite head scratchers...

I am usually quite aware of many prospects coming out of College and research before the draft. I didn't look at Safeties much the year Ngata was drafted. I thought Ngata might fall to us. I would have been pleased with Bunkley at DT too that year. But, when they call Whitner....I really had no clue who he was!

If it weren't for the hundreds of thousands of dollars these guys are paid I would agree. I get it that a guy plays in the NFL and then he doesn't and its a big letdown.

That money goes pretty quickly. Agent gets a huge cut, taxes, after that probably end up with about half of the amount . out of league in a couple with no pension and no other skills it's not easy on these guys.

Really good point. I'm constantly surprised how callous so many posters are about players. These are real, live people. Yeah, they get to play a sport for a living, but it's usually short lived and they have a lot of life to live after the game is over.

The one thing that is really forgotten is how good a bust really is. Probably above 99.999% of all football players. Same in all the other sports. I am always impressed by the supposed bum that can hang on a few years.

James Hardy was a major mistake by the Bills in assessing talent. He WAS big, but he had really slow feet. I knew the first time I saw him play he was a bust. I really don't understand how he was a #2....he was UDFA talent level. Now, wrt to his incarceration in a mental institution, I hope he gets the help need to get him striaght.....but, after a trial out of the hospital, he is going to see the Slammer for a considerable time. How do people get that far off the railroad tracks?