OT-Halo 2

ROCCEO

I've been addicted to this game ever since I was gifted an Xbox 2 weeks ago, who else plays this game and whos got xbox live?

The game is so addictive that I make Daryl Strawberry look like the model of self-control.

I've got it, but have only played a couple of minutes. Got it for Xmas, along with some other games (like Ratchet and Clank - Up Your Arsenal for the PS2 - awesome game!). I'll probably start playing it soon, now that I won R&C.

Here's a list of people who are on XBL:

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=12085

CW

I've been addicted to this game ever since I was gifted an Xbox 2 weeks ago, who else plays this game and whos got xbox live?

The game is so addictive that I make Daryl Strawberry look like the model of self-control.

224763[/snapback]

I play it, totally adicted to Halo 2 on Live.

I've got it.....My son is better then me though....I never thought that would EVER happen but it has.......good times.....

I've never used Live before.....It came with a 2 month free sample...

I've got DSL.....how does it work? I've never even looked into it....I played Unreal Tournament online but that was for my PC....Do I just hook a cable to my computer???

Let me know and I'll try it tonight......LOOK OUT PEOPLE!!!

I've got it.....My son is better then me though....I never thought that would EVER happen but it has.......good times.....

I've never used Live before.....It came with a 2 month free sample...

I've got DSL.....how does it work? I've never even looked into it....I played Unreal Tournament online but that was for my PC....Do I just hook a cable to my computer???

Let me know and I'll try it tonight......LOOK OUT PEOPLE!!!

224806[/snapback]

You plug an ethernet cable into your broadband router, sign up for Live (don't know the process right now; I was a beta-tester so got a special disk to setup the first time), and select a username. It costs $50/year.

Come to think about it, you probably need to buy the "Xbox Live Starter Kit." Here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=507846

It comes with a headset so you can talk to your opponents, and also a copy of Mech Assault, which is an AWESOME game (although I didn't like playing it online). Scratch that, it now comes with Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge instead... Never played that one.

Not sure how the 2 month trial works though.

CW

I have PS2 and Xbox. I never use the xbox.  I am finishing up San Andreas for PS2 and was wondering if its worth buying Halo 2, are the games similar, why is Halo so great?

224969[/snapback]

I think xlive is a lot smoother than ps2 online is. Also, graphics and gameplay overall on xbox i believe to be better. I used to own a ps2 but it broke last fall. Once i got used to the controller i was sold on it completely.

I think xlive is a lot smoother than ps2 online is.  Also, graphics and gameplay overall on xbox i believe to be better.  I used to own a ps2 but it broke last fall.  Once i got used to the controller i was sold on it completely.

225165[/snapback]

As you said, the graphics are much better on the Xbox. The other, often forgotten thing, is that the load times are MUCH shorter. I'm playing GTA:SA on my PS2, and it's *so* slow between scenes. When I played GTA:VC on Xbox, it was much faster.

Plus, I like the XBox controller a lot better... But I appear to be in the minority on that one (I really like the large controller, not hte new "S" controllers)...

CW

last video game I played was Madden 1995 on Sega...I used to play all of the time, then just stopped one day... I have no idea why

225186[/snapback]

I think that was one of the worst Madden's actually...EA sports peaked in 94, and took a few years to recover.