Jameis Winston accused of point shaving

YoloinOhio

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldnt shock me. Some people are just natural criminals(see Marshawn Lynch). Winston cant seem to help himself. Someone will take a chance. Hell fail miserably and be out of the league within three years and be in jail on a robbery conviction shortly thereafter.

Seriously? ... These kids have no real consequences that makes them believe they can get away with anything. That allows them to push the limits ... that does not meant they are born criminals. Sadly, it is an indictment on how they are taught more than anything else.

Seriously? ... These kids have no real consequences that makes them believe they can get away with anything. That allows them to push the limits ... that does not meant they are born criminals. Sadly, it is an indictment on how they are taught more than anything else.

This is sadly true. And when they play well, they will have people like Jimbo Fisher to defend them. If, however, the player falters, no matter his character, the Jimbo's of the world look for the nearest bus under which to throw said player (see Manuel, E.J.).

Ok, long time FSU fan here and watched that whole game last week. JW is far from a stellar student athlete and I am embarrassed by this kids actions as well. But he has started slow in EVERY game this year. FSU hands down is the best school at making 2nd half changes. Say what you want about that kid he is a gamer, period. The two picks he threw weren't blatant in the least. His WR dropped a lot of balls and he was still taking shots in the 1st half, our run game was stifled with Williams in until they threw the freshman in. I dont buy this for a second, but I am biased.

Edited by BUFFALOTONE

I have no interest in drafting this guy - regardless of round.

In addition to questions regarding his character, I am not sure he is that great.

I know many on this board will disagree, but I would rather continue to develop EJ behind Kyle Orton than draft Jameis. At least with EJ, you have a GREAT kid who is willing to work and has no character issues. He also has a lot of talent - his talent needs to be developed to the NFL level. It may never develop that far, but at least we know that EJ will be a good teammate whether he is a backup or starting QB.

Edited by Peter

Ok, long time FSU fan here and watched that whole game last week. JW is far from a stellar student athlete and I am embarrassed by this kids actions as well. But he has started slow in EVERY game this year. FSU hands down is the best school at making 2nd half changes. Say what you want about that kid he is a gamer, period. The two picks he threw weren't blatant in the least. His WR dropped a lot of balls and he was still taking shots in the 1st half, our run game was stifled with Williams in until they threw the freshman in. I dont buy this for a second, but I am biased.

I agree with most of this, but look at the end of the first half, down 21-0 he just marched them right down the field without a problem and put up 7 points against the #1 D in the country. I'm an FSU fan as well, but why the last drive of the half was it so easy and soooo difficult the rest of the 1st half? It does look suspicious.

I agree with most of this, but look at the end of the first half, down 21-0 he just marched them right down the field without a problem and put up 7 points against the #1 D in the country. I'm an FSU fan as well, but why the last drive of the half was it so easy and soooo difficult the rest of the 1st half? It does look suspicious.

He did throw a pick to start the 2nd half as well if I recall... but then was that the one where he came back and forced the fumble?

Mark Schlabach@Mark_Schlabach 13m13 minutes ago

Filed to ESPN: Jameis Winston's attorney has requested a delay from FSU officials for the upcoming student conduct code hearing

Turns out it isn't true.

Jimbo called Jameis in his office and asked him if he shaved points and he said, no sir!

In a press conference later today, Jimbo will explain how the points wanted to be shaved and that they had it coming to them. The FSU alum...eh hem, state's attorney has already closed the case with the assistance of TPD, and everyone in the local Tally media will receive a gift bag of crab legs for attending the press conference and for not asking any questions.

<move along, nothing to see here.....again>

Turns out it isn't true.

Jimbo called Jameis in his office and asked him if he shaved points and he said, no sir!

In a press conference later today, Jimbo will explain how the points wanted to be shaved and that they had it coming to them. The FSU alum...eh hem, state's attorney has already closed the case with the assistance of TPD, and everyone in the local Tally media will receive a gift bag of crab legs for attending the press conference and for not asking any questions.

<move along, nothing to see here.....again>

whew!! Crisis avoided. :lol: Until next week's episode ....du dun dun

I dunno...i know of no bookie who is going to release betting information...be like a hooker going to a cop to complain her john didn't pay her enough.

I aint buying it.

True...but folks with dirty hands like to talk 'after' they get caught. Have to wait and see what the truth/timeline is regarding all phases of this.

Wow, almost 3 pages and no one has blamed such actions on the lack of payments for college football players??

That sounds pretty damning if, IF, there is actual evidence as suggested herein. I can see a small time bookie outing himself instead of paying out $11,500 (no to mention getting out of that business entirely if he's being played like that). He'd get a slap on the wrist at most.

But are the feds going to take this serious enough to even look? I know the FBI has a huge vice program that monitors the sports world but the is not an easy can to open.

This is potential gold for feds. If TMZ even has a smidgen of evidence they will investigate.

Txt messages, phone records, emails, bank accts, social media accts will all be subpoen'd.

This is potential gold for feds. If TMZ even has a smidgen of evidence they will investigate.

Txt messages, phone records, emails, bank accts, social media accts will all be subpoen'd.

2nd question is borderline political but not to be taken as fuel for politics.

Does the DOJ/FBI care enough? I do not know if this is something they will spend much time on, as these types of investigations have not been good to them. From the Lance Armstrong/MLB cases to the IRS. The FBI has come up dry too often recently.

Are we to soon discover that Winston is a card-carrying member of NAMBLA?

Jameis-Winston-Florida-State-No-Helmet.jpg

Man, I don't know... NAMBLA would have to really lower their admittance standards.

marlon-brando-hd_159523-1440x900.jpg

Edited by jboyst62