Would Pegula prefer the Bills play in the AFC North?

Just thinking about his Pittsburgh connections if he had the choice would he like the Bills in the AFC North? As much tradition as we've had in the AFC East, I'd like to be in a division with 3 close-by rivals that are more like Buffalo than Boston, New York and Miami are.

Just thinking about his Pittsburgh connections if he had the choice would he like the Bills in the AFC North? As much tradition as we've had in the AFC East, I'd like to be in a division with 3 close-by rivals that are more like Buffalo than Boston, New York and Miami are.

And Swap with Baltimore?

I think the Ravens - Steelers is now a marquee divisional game. I doubt the NFL will ever mess with that.

Man, since the end of the last century I've wanted the Bills to switch with the Ravens and play in the North.

Our furthest opponent in the dvision (Cincy, 6:15h) is still closer than our closest in this division (what is it, NE at about 7-8).

The regional rivalries would be great and quite frankly, I really don't need to be in a division where everyone generally wants to play and work for the other teams in our division. Ohhhh, New York...mmmm Boston...ahhh Miami.

Case in point, regardless of what some may think of Parcells he was a great coach and at some time or another had a roll with NE, the jets and the Dolphins.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I have been on board with this idea for almost 20 years!

I thinK buffalo vs Cleveland already has the sprinklings of a really good rivalry with yearly matchups, fan travelling, all the QBs going down last year with some contraversy, Pettine, etc...

The Dolphins make me feel nothing. I hate the Jets, but only because I hate all NYC teams. I have been a fan since about '85 and I really cant remember too many key Jets/Bills moments/games (if any). I dislike the Patriots, because I hate Belichik and Brady, the previous cheating and am jealous of the success... but I hate to say it, Bob Kraft is a class act and almost all Patriots fans I have encountered are classy too.

I think the NFL is long overdue to shake up the alignment a bit. Its been almost 15 years with nothing changed.

Edited by May Day 10

Balt vs Pitt is one of the top rivalries in the NFL and there is no way they will break that up. Plus, the Bills have good rivalries within our own division too.

One thing no one is mentioning...at least with Miami, when they play in Buffalo we get a pretty good advantage based on weather. That wouldnt be the case in the AFC North as they are all used to bad weather. Its not like nice weather is an advantage with Miami.

Second thing no one is mentioning...everyone has been miserable with the NE run the last 15 years dominating the division...well what do you think its going to be like to play Pittsburgh every year twice? They have the most SB's, they are almost always decent to very good, and are one of the pinnacle organizations in football. I would rather play in our division then that division because the Jets and Miami are rarely good and NE is coming to a close. We can own this division for the next decade if we can get a better QB and fix the OL.

Balt vs Pitt is one of the top rivalries in the NFL and there is no way they will break that up. Plus, the Bills have good rivalries within our own division too.

One thing no one is mentioning...at least with Miami, when they play in Buffalo we get a pretty good advantage based on weather. That wouldnt be the case in the AFC North as they are all used to bad weather. Its not like nice weather is an advantage with Miami.

Second thing no one is mentioning...everyone has been miserable with the NE run the last 15 years dominating the division...well what do you think its going to be like to play Pittsburgh every year twice? They have the most SB's, they are almost always decent to very good, and are one of the pinnacle organizations in football. I would rather play in our division then that division because the Jets and Miami are rarely good and NE is coming to a close. We can own this division for the next decade if we can get a better QB and fix the OL.

Very respectfully, Alpha, no one in our division really considers us a rival.

That will change once we start continually beating them.

These new owners wanted to buy the Buffalo Bills because they play in Buffalo, and I don't get the impression that they were ever big Bills fans in the past. TP stated he watched the Detroit lions previous to owning the team.

That said, I don't think they are emotionally evolved in the current AFC East rivalries like we die hard Bills fans are. We all hate the Jets, Dolphins, and more specifically Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and their deal with the devil.

I don't think the Pagula's care what division or conference their team plays in, as long as the team stays in Buffalo. JMO

Well, there was this moment involving Bills - Jets, the beginning of the run....

http://www.nytimes.c...east-crown.html

http://bills.buffalo...-greatest-wins/

A night that still brings a smile to my face. Holy crap, they are taking the goal posts to Ralph's box! Too bad I was in the upper deck.

The rain and wind reduced the scoring to field goals, with Scott Norwood winning it after 3 minutes 47 seconds of overtime on a 30-yard kick.
Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

there is that game...

And I remember one game, maybe 1990 on MNF like week 5-ish where the Bills destroyed them behind Thurman Thomas' career game. Hmmm what else. Losman filling in and hitting the bomb to Evans in a meaningless game.

Oh yeah, a few years back when we had the whiteout and got asses handed out instead.

there is that game...

And I remember one game, maybe 1990 on MNF like week 5-ish where the Bills destroyed them behind Thurman Thomas' career game. Hmmm what else. Losman filling in and hitting the bomb to Evans in a meaningless game.

Oh yeah, a few years back when we had the whiteout and got asses handed out instead.

There was the game in NY in 2009 I think when Fitz came in in relief of an injured Trent and led us to victory including a 4th quarter TD pass to Lee Evans.

Bad move.

Might be good for local fans, but not for TV exposure. I also know many fans love the trip to Miami in the winter. And NYC and Boston really aren't that much farther. I would much rather visit those towns than Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or Cincy.

NFC East, AFC East...the best place to be in each conference.

Maybe we could swap with Indianapolis instead? I could see a good rivalry develop between us and Jacksonville, or maybe Tennessee, or Houston even. What's not to like?

Being able to see the Bills in my new home town of Houston every year would be great. It'd never happen, but that'd be nice.

I don't follow soccer at all, so feel free to elaborate or clarify if someone knows more about it. But if I recall, doesn't soccer re-arrange their conferences/divisions every few years based on the standings? That'd be kind of cool. That way we're not stuck playing a powerhouse team like the Patriots every year for fifteen years.

BTW, not for nothing, but the League would essentially have to approach the Ravens on this and sure, they have a couple of rivalries in the North, but we are talking about the city here and you better believe that they have something with Boston and New York, as well. Throw in Miami just as a perk (road trips for fans and org at least once a year) and that would be hard for the Ravens to pass up.