It's Super Bowl week

KurtGodel77

That it's time to celebrate Bill Belichick. He has done a good job as a HC/GM. This is because he learned from his mistakes in Cleveland; and he's doing a better job the second time around.

Mistake 1: he had the wrong personnel in Cleveland. Clearly he's spent a lot of time since then thinking about the types of players he wants; and he's found a pro personnel director who shares this philosophy.

Mistake 2: he was working for the wrong owner in Cleveland. Modell announced the move to Baltimore in the middle of the season. After that announcement, the Browns lost every game except their last one at the Dawg Pound.

Mistake 3: Insufficient scowling on the sidelines. In New England, Belichick appears to have taken a personal vow never to lose a game due to insufficient scowling. I mean, the Patriots could be up by 50, and based on his facial expression you'd think that his wife just left him, his daughter announced her intention to marry O.J. Simpson, his parents disowned him, his dog got shot, and every fan in the stadium spit on him.

That it's time to celebrate Bill Belichick. He has done a good job as a HC/GM. This is because he learned from his mistakes in Cleveland; and he's doing a better job the second time around.

Mistake 1: he had the wrong personnel in Cleveland. Clearly he's spent a lot of time since then thinking about the types of players he wants; and he's found a pro personnel director who shares this philosophy.

Mistake 2: he was working for the wrong owner in Cleveland. Modell announced the move to Baltimore in the middle of the season. After that announcement, the Browns lost every game except their last one at the Dawg Pound.

Mistake 3: Insufficient scowling on the sidelines. In New England, Belichick appears to have taken a personal vow never to lose a game due to insufficient scowling. I mean, the Patriots could be up by 50, and based on his facial expression you'd think that his wife just left him, his daughter announced her intention to marry O.J. Simpson, his parents disowned him, his dog got shot, and every fan in the stadium spit on him.

224732[/snapback]

hey, if you think drew likes to take hits just wait until you watch kurt warner for an extended period. This guy keeps the pepto people in business.

hey, if you think drew likes to take hits just wait until  you watch kurt warner for an extended period.  This guy keeps the pepto people in business.

224759[/snapback]

With an offensive line (or lack thereof) like NY has, how can the guy not take hits? I remember St. Louis had serious offensive line problems before Warner left. The difference between Kurt and Drew is that when you give Kurt time--or sometimes even when you don't--he gets the job done. Drew's offensive line was a lot better than Kurt's; yet his QB rating was ten points lower. So if Losman isn't ready, I know which QB the Bills should turn to.

"It's Super Bowl week and that means . . ."

in 5 days, I'm gonna eat roughly 4 dozen chicken wings and have roughly 4 dozen beers.

224923[/snapback]

48 wings X 150 cal = 7,200 cal

48 beers X 146 cal = 7,008 cal

14,208 cal / recommended 2,500 cal/day = 5.68 days' worth of calories.

...so don't eat any potato chips or dip. :)

...so don't eat any potato chips or dip.  :)

224959[/snapback]

It's obscene just how bad wings are for you.

150 calories PER WING?

Amazing. Not even donuts are that unhealthy.

...so don't eat any potato chips or dip.  :)

224959[/snapback]

Ok, let's go closer to what I will really eat and drink... since it will be an all day event, I would say, about 25 wings, and possible 20 beers.

25 x 150 (seriously, 150 calories PER wing? crazy...) = 3750

20 x 146 = 2920

3750 + 2920 = 6670.

Damn.

:D Are you fuggin nuts? :angry:  Celebrate who?

Every fan in the stadium spit on him...now you're talking.

224921[/snapback]

Well, you just know the announcers are going to explain what a genius he is until you're sick of hearing it. So it's almost become a tradition rammed down our throats whether we like it or not. I usually root against the Patriots because their success seems to come at Buffalo's expense. But this Sunday I'll be rooting for them; because the outcome of the game will not affect Buffalo. Despite the hype, Belichick really is running his franchise the way all franchises should be run; and I respect that.

I respect Belichicks accomplishments, but celebrate them...NEVER. Did you celebrate his 2 wins over the Bills this year too? All of this "The Pats are great so you should root for them instead of an NFC team" is making me sick! A division opponent is a sworn enemy. Respect them...yes, root for/celebrate them...NEVER!

I respect Belichicks accomplishments, but celebrate them...NEVER. Did you celebrate his 2 wins over the Bills this year too? All of this "The Pats are great so you should root for them instead of an NFC team" is making me sick! A division opponent is a sworn enemy. Respect them...yes, root for/celebrate them...NEVER!

225039[/snapback]

I vividly remember when the Bills were losing all those Super Bowls. People started calling the NFC Championship game "the real Super Bowl." I got very sick of hearing that very fast, and now it's time for our conference to pay them back and put them in their place.

I vividly remember when the Bills were losing all those Super Bowls. People started calling the NFC Championship game "the real Super Bowl." I got very sick of hearing that very fast, and now it's time for our conference to pay them back and put them in their place.

225264[/snapback]

I understand your logic, but I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that the NFC has the better conference right now. The same could be said that you would have had a hard time finding anyone in the early 90s that thought the AFC had the stronger conference.

Regardless of the perception of the AFC and NFC I cannot now, nor will I ever hope for or wish for any of our division opponents any form of success. I respect your right to do so, but I will not condone your behavior! LOL

I understand your logic, but I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone who thinks that the NFC has the better conference right now. The same could be said that you would have had a hard time finding anyone in the early 90s that thought the AFC had the stronger conference.

Regardless of the perception of the AFC and NFC I cannot now, nor will I ever hope for or wish for any of our division opponents any form of success. I respect your right to do so, but I will not condone your behavior! LOL

225304[/snapback]

The AFC East is one of the two toughest divisions in football--the other being the AFC North. A Patriots win would help establish our division as elite; so the Bills would get more respect for whatever record they put together. If the Patriots humiliate the Eagles, it would also establish that the best team in the NFC doesn't belong on the same field as the best team in the AFC. At the same time, I understand why you have a general habit of wishing division opponents the worst.