byrd rated as biggest free agent flop on NFL.com

justnzane

Byrd is laughing all the way to the bank. he's making a lot of money to do nothing. what a job

He's doing better than a backup QB! And he doesn't even have to look interested and carry that clip board around.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Byrd being hurt should come as a surprise to no one. I loved him on the field, when he appeared.

Apologies for the side note: I'll be in New Orleans next week and am trying to extend it for the weekend. Where's the best place to catch the Bills game? I've been there a couple times, but never on a game day. Thanks.

On Thursday? You want to watch at the Ugly Dog Saloon. That is our Bills Backers bar and we have a nice group. It's usually about 40 people and its a pretty knowledgeable, passionate group. I will be there so we will have to have a drink!!

I now have concerns for you. Being right is good . Being all gloaty is excessive.

not very Zen are we Mr Kirby ?

Ha ha, you have no idea how bad I got it down here!! The most retweeted tweet that I ever had was when I said something to the tune of "Byrd is just using this meeting with the Saints to drive up his price for a team with more cap space." I had 3 times as many comments and retweets on that as anything that I have ever said on there. People were KILLING me. I said pretty much verbatim what someone on here said earlier about him being a ballhawk with good instincts that is a lousy tackler and always hurt. They chalked it up to sour grapes. I am enjoying this playing out in this predictable manner.

On Thursday? You want to watch at the Ugly Dog Saloon. That is our Bills Backers bar and we have a nice group. It's usually about 40 people and its a pretty knowledgeable, passionate group. I will be there so we will have to have a drink!!

Ha! I hadn't even looked ahead but I will DEFINITELY be there for a Thursday game. I'm looking forward to that!

Was anyone on TBD against letting Byrd go? I feel like there was pretty overwhelming support for the decision not to offer him big money. Given his position and the fact that he's vastly overrated, Byrd is worth about half of what he received from NO.

You're kidding right?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm not happy with Byrd being injured...but I'm happy with our safeties. I Would have liked to keep Byrd, but he wanted something more...I am satisfied with his and our decision (and our record).

I hope the folks saying they are happy with Byrd's replacements from within are the same ones not saying they can't believe we did not go out and replace Levitre FA when he left. You can't have both and sometimes there are not perfect people....just perfect intentions. But believing you are the winning arm chair GM in hindsight is silly....that is for all loving A. Williams and hating on Byrd, Levitre and 4 failed LGs. For the record I would have been fi e with paying Byrd $8/year and Levitre $7....in hindsight.....would have really liked paying Levitre $7 and not paying Byrd.

Edited by Manther

Ha ha, you have no idea how bad I got it down here!! The most retweeted tweet that I ever had was when I said something to the tune of "Byrd is just using this meeting with the Saints to drive up his price for a team with more cap space." I had 3 times as many comments and retweets on that as anything that I have ever said on there. People were KILLING me. I said pretty much verbatim what someone on here said earlier about him being a ballhawk with good instincts that is a lousy tackler and always hurt. They chalked it up to sour grapes. I am enjoying this playing out in this predictable manner.

well dont take to long with it then . You do suffer my sympathy. I was here when the whole thing was going down too.

Ha! I hadn't even looked ahead but I will DEFINITELY be there for a Thursday game. I'm looking forward to that!

We're at the W New Orleans which looks like an easy walk. (More concerned about getting home than there - I walked WAY too much in Savannah last week, not entirely on purpose.)

Was anyone on TBD against letting Byrd go? I feel like there was pretty overwhelming support for the decision not to offer him big money. Given his position and the fact that he's vastly overrated, Byrd is worth about half of what he received from NO.

I got a LOT of flak for being happy to see him go and someone else pay big $$$$ for him, just like Jason Peters. I'm now glad he's someone else's problem AND we saved money in cap space, which we will need down the road.

We're at the W New Orleans which looks like an easy walk. (More concerned about getting home than there - I walked WAY too much in Savannah last week, not entirely on purpose.)

If you are at the hotel that is formerly the W it will take you about 10-15 minutes to walk it. If you are at the W in the French Quarter probably want to cab it (or about a 25-30 minute walk). I'm thinking about not working next Friday if things go well.

If you are at the hotel that is formerly the W it will take you about 10-15 minutes to walk it. If you are at the W in the French Quarter probably want to cab it (or about a 25-30 minute walk). I'm thinking about not working next Friday if things go well.

We're outside the French Quarter at the one undergoing renovation. Friday I just have to be well enough to fly home unless I can talk the wife into extending the trip. She's working the whole time while I'm just playing. Not a bad deal...

Byrd was a great player. He single-handily won games for Buffalo. No one can predict injury. This thread amounts to nothing more than sour grapes.

Agreed, no one can predict injury, but you're allowed to count them. And then consider them.

I wanted to tag and trade him. Still a little perplexed at how we got nothing for him.

Because if he signed it he would have said 'oh my poor planters foot' until he was released so Bills would be paying top 10 money for bottom 10 effort. He proved it last season he was here.

We're outside the French Quarter at the one undergoing renovation. Friday I just have to be well enough to fly home unless I can talk the wife into extending the trip. She's working the whole time while I'm just playing. Not a bad deal....

You will have a great time. I don't know how often or if you have ever been here. If you are looking for recommendations on places to eat, drink, party, etc... just send me a pm and I will give you my thoughts. I don't know much but I know the Bills and I know how to have fun in New Orleans.

Byrd was a great player. He single-handily won games for Buffalo. No one can predict injury. This thread amounts to nothing more than sour grapes.

Nicely put. I wanted the Bills to keep him too. Not like they didn't have the cap space. The defense has gone up against two top tier QBs this year and gotten beat pretty handily both times. Please don't tell me Byrd couldn't have helped.

It's all hypothetical now, but imagine this year's defense with a healthy Byrd and Alonso. It would have been so much fun to watch.

Horse ****. Injury concerns were a part of the equation from the word go. It's also worth noting that the Saints defense sucked ass for the first few games he was there and got better when he went out. Funny how our run D & overall D got better when he left.

Unless you think someone here actually wishes we'd paid his ridiculous salary you don't know what "sour grapes" means.