11/5: Terry and Kim Pegula Media Day with WGR, AP, and TBN

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. They both were cordial and almost fun. Damn decent interview.

Nothing really new. Terry basically said that the Trust wanted the money to be secure and the deal done quick, and so he just decided to make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

He also said "Russ hasn't been in his job for very long" which is what a lot of us have been saying lately. This was in reference to the difference between owning the Sabres and the Bills. When they bought the Sabres, Darcy and Lindy had been there forever. Terry specifically mentioned Russ, Whaley and Marrone separately, as not having been in their jobs for a long time.

That made me think he was not going to just make changes, but that is totally conjecture.

or that since they aren't established that it would be easier to move on from them, unlike Darcy and Lindy who really really liked.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

The team is going to kim after Terry passes but I noticed that she walks slightly bent forward at the waist, makes me wonder if she has health problems?

or that since they aren't established that it would be easier to move on from them, unlike Darcy and Lindy who really really liked.

that is more what came to my mind hearing that.

that is more what came to my mind hearing that.

He made it sound like no one with the Bills is really entrenched like they were with the Sabres. The whole "team in transition" thing made me think he needs to see more because they haven't had enough time for him to really evaluate.

Yep. They both were cordial and almost fun. Damn decent interview.

Nothing really new. Terry basically said that the Trust wanted the money to be secure and the deal done quick, and so he just decided to make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

He also said "Russ hasn't been in his job for very long" which is what a lot of us have been saying lately. This was in reference to the difference between owning the Sabres and the Bills. When they bought the Sabres, Darcy and Lindy had been there forever. Terry specifically mentioned Russ, Whaley and Marrone separately, as not having been in their jobs for a long time.

That made me think he was not going to just make changes, but that is totally conjecture.

Not conjecture from what I've recently read and heard, as the new owners seem very happy with the Bills current record.

I also read that finding a experienced NFL adviser like Ron Wolf is not a given either if the team continues to win. They both seem to be exceedingly happy with Russ Brandon, and Russ is preaching continuity to keep the newer staff, GM. So, I would think that any changes to the staff will depend on this years win / loss results. Should the Bills make the playoffs then I can see everyone's job set in stone, and even a winning record should be good enough to keep everyone.

The Pegula's strike me as NFL newbies who haven't the first clue on how to build a winning NFL team, and will go with whatever Brandon wants as long as the team is winning.

Not conjecture from what I've recently read and heard, as the new owners seem very happy with the Bills current record.

I also read that finding a experienced NFL adviser like Ron Wolf is not a given either if the team continues to win. They both seem to be exceedingly happy with Russ Brandon, and Russ is preaching continuity to keep the newer staff, GM. So, I would think that any changes to the staff will depend on this years win / loss results. Should the Bills make the playoffs then I can see everyone's job set in stone, and even a winning record should be good enough to keep everyone.

The Pegula's strike me as NFL newbies who haven't the first clue on how to build a winning NFL team, and will go with whatever Brandon wants as long as the team is winning.

They seem to always say with the disclaimer: They admire the job Russ Brandon did in regards to the sale. I havent heard them say anything really positive in the way the team/franchise is run. They are taking a wait and see approach with this season, and they certainly arent going to upset the apple cart at (or near) 5-3... but Im thinking if they get to 8 or fewer wins, we are going to see some significant movement. They didnt pay $1.4 billion so Brandon can continue to hold the keys.

Yeah, they should get rid of all those winning bums if they win.

I don't agree with this assessment. They are smart, shrewd business people with many connections inside and outside of the sports world. They will fully examine the Bills and the NFL and will undoubtedly consult with a large number of people as they build their plan for the future of the Bills. The won't simply "go with what Russ wants". I expect him to hire some consultants and outside executives like he has done with the Sabres (Craig Patrick, Sawyer, Ted Black, Cliff Benson, Lafontaine, Joe Battista). That's not to say that immediate changes will be forthcoming. But I do believe that everything will be examined and all options will be on the table. They won't just say "Well, we won 9 games, all is good"