11/5: Terry and Kim Pegula Media Day with WGR, AP, and TBN

11-5: TERRY & KIM PEGULA ON WGR (22:49)

WGR Summary of the Interview:

Owners of both the Bills and Sabres franchises, Kim and Terry Pegula joined Mike Schopp & the Bulldog Wednesday afternoon from the First Niagara Center.

The two touched on a number of topics, from the opening of Harborcenter, the bidding for the Bills Franchise, the state of the Sabres, and even Donald Trump.

"The idea of Harborcenter was mine," Terry Pegula said. "But I haven't even visited it yet."

Kim and Terry Pegula also spoke about what it was like to take over the Buffalo Bills franchise, as Terry Pegula said "We put ourselves in a position financially that in our minds, they couldn't say no."

Kim Pegula added that owning the Bills is "A once in a lifetime opportunity, it was too hard to pass up."

@WGR550

Terry & Kim Pegula are both live with Schopp & The Bulldog now! Tune in!

T. Pegula: "Harborcenter was my idea, I haven't even been in there yet."

T. Pegula: "#Bills are more of a franchise in transition than the #Sabres"

T. Pegula: "We obviously made a decision awhile ago to pursue the #Bills."

T. Pegula: (on bidding for the #Bills) "We put ourselves in a position financially that in our minds, they couldn't say no."

B1tmhm4IMAAzTeo.jpg

K. Pegula: (on owning #Bills) "It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, it was too hard to pass up."

B1tmv95IUAEDc78.jpg

T. Pegula: (on Trump) "How would you feel if he was your owner?"

T. Pegula: (on Sabres) "Losing sucks, but we're rebuilding."

T. Pegula: (On watching Sabres this yr) "I don't enjoy it, it's tough..you have a plan, and sometimes things happen to a team & it changes"

@john_wawrow

Pegulas commit to new stadium for #Bills and working on ending Toronto series during interview with AP. http://www.pro32.ap....w-home

@TBNSports

Pegulas talk about their plans for the #Bills. By @viccarucci: http://www.buffalone...141105

Pegulas update their plans for Bills

In an exclusive interview with the Associated Press, Bills owners Terry and Kim Pegula shed some light on some of their plans for their NFL franchise going forward including the future of the Toronto Series and plans for a new stadium.

When it comes to the Bills Toronto Series, Buffalo’s new owners are trying to bring it to an immediate close.

“We’re working on that right now,” Kim Pegula revealed to the AP. “We want all the home games to be played in Buffalo, so we’re working through that. I think it’s close, but nothing’s been finalized. But that is our intent.”

@TheBuffaloNews

Kim Pegula's new role means more visibility. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/kim-pegulas-new-role-means-more-visibility-20141105

B1uhXQHCMAApOq0.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't at all and I thought he asked very good questions. He saves his contempt/disdain for the callers it seems.

Yep. They both were cordial and almost fun. Damn decent interview.

Nothing really new. Terry basically said that the Trust wanted the money to be secure and the deal done quick, and so he just decided to make them an offer they couldn't refuse.

He also said "Russ hasn't been in his job for very long" which is what a lot of us have been saying lately. This was in reference to the difference between owning the Sabres and the Bills. When they bought the Sabres, Darcy and Lindy had been there forever. Terry specifically mentioned Russ, Whaley and Marrone separately, as not having been in their jobs for a long time.

That made me think he was not going to just make changes, but that is totally conjecture.

WGR Summary of the Interview:

Owners of both the Bills and Sabres franchises, Kim and Terry Pegula joined Mike Schopp & the Bulldog Wednesday afternoon from the First Niagara Center.

The two touched on a number of topics, from the opening of Harborcenter, the bidding for the Bills Franchise, the state of the Sabres, and even Donald Trump.

"The idea of Harborcenter was mine," Terry Pegula said. "But I haven't even visited it yet."

Kim and Terry Pegula also spoke about what it was like to take over the Buffalo Bills franchise, as Terry Pegula said "We put ourselves in a position financially that in our minds, they couldn't say no."

Kim Pegula added that owning the Bills is "A once in a lifetime opportunity, it was too hard to pass up."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I love the fact that they are multi-billionaires and like driving themselves around in their own car, getting coffee and calling talk radio shows and arguing about sports and whose idea stuff was. ;)

See? They're not all that different from the multi-hundredaire!

(I was going to comment on how that makes them such a good fit for blue collar Buffalo, but I didn't want that taken the wrong way. Wait, I just.... don't take it the wrong way.)

Edited by Augie

sounds like they'd fit in here... Wait, could they be on here.... ?

Ahh, be careful what you post lest you find yourself banned from The Ralph!

(I hope it's always go by that name.... it will be hard to break for me)

@BrianWGR

Terry Pegula on a new #Bills stadium. "Well, there's going to be a new stadium somewhere, that's all I know" http://www.pro32.ap....w-home …

Terry and Kim Pegula are committed to building a stadium for the Buffalo Bills and are working on ending the team's series of annual home games in Toronto.

As for the Bills-In-Toronto series, the Pegulas are ready to end it.

"We're working on that right now," Kim said. "We want all the home games to be played in Buffalo, so we're working through that. I think it's close, but nothing's been finalized. But that is our intent."

Edited by 26CornerBlitz