NPR - Car Talk - Tom Magliozzi has died

Just Jack

Wow, only one post in to take a jab at NPR, huh? What took so long?

My wife is totally bummed about this. Car Talk was what my dad and I listened to when we drove around running errands on Saturdays. A man could do much worse than infecting the world with joy. We need more people like him.

They've been off NPR for awhile haven't they. You can still get their podcasts. Was listeing to one last night. They were hilarious. And we too made them part of our Saturday morning listening while driving around getting chores done or road tripping.

They've been off NPR for awhile haven't they. You can still get their podcasts. Was listeing to one last night. They were hilarious. And we too made them part of our Saturday morning listening while driving around getting chores done or road tripping.

Two years. He was suffering from Alzheimer's.

Ray may well resurrect the show in homage to his brother per an article on npr's website. sure hope so. i needed someone to tell me that trying to fry an egg under my subaru's hood was damn near impossible due to the positioning of the manifold! actually, this info helped me find an oil leak that was a fire threat which i also learned from them. turns out gas leaks rearely cause car fires since they evaporate so fast but oil leaks do cause them. so, at least in my case, some pearls along with the chuckles. ray also mentioned yesterday that tommy wasn't kidding in the last few shows when he stated he couldn't remember last weeks puzzler!

turns out the puzzler was invented to advertise their repair shop. they weren't allowed by npr to directly advertize so the phone number and address for listeners to submit puzzler answers was the same as their shop's! the idea was likely cleared by dewey, cheatem and howe before being put into action.

turns out the puzzler was invented to advertise their repair shop. they weren't allowed by npr to directly advertize so the phone number and address for listeners to submit puzzler answers was the same as their shop's! the idea was likely cleared by dewey, cheatem and howe before being put into action.

Probably inspired by Haywood Jubuzoff

Edited by The Big Cat

Still repackaging old shows as of this past Saturday. I listened on the drive to a client.