Fitzy to the bench in Houston

YoloinOhio

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are people still arguing about Fitz? Time to move on...

It would be one thing if this sort of hate came against Billy Joe Hobert or Kevin Kolb. But, Fitz does not deserve it. He played his heart out, he did everything he could to win and he does not deserve it.

Fitz had a positive attitude and only did what anyone would do - take the money provided to him. I think 90% of this board was in favor of paying him.

It would be one thing if this sort of hate came against Billy Joe Hobert or Kevin Kolb. But, Fitz does not deserve it. He played his heart out, he did everything he could to win and he does not deserve it.

Fitz had a positive attitude and only did what anyone would do - take the money provided to him. I think 90% of this board was in favor of paying him.

I still love Fitz, but I don't want him as our starting QB. (Backup, sure!) I wish him well and hope he doesn't get mistaken for the Unibomber anytime soon. He may just be staying in the NFL because Wall Street doesn't hire lumberjacks.

5 career games played. 4 passes attempted. 1 completion.

Those are Mallett's stats.

What is it that A. Johnson likes the most about that?

He's still unknown. Which means there's a chance he could be good. Everybody knows what Fitz is and, more importantly, isn't.

The hate comes from a guy that stunk who held onto starting position way too long, the latter is the coach and GM's fault. I honestly could care less how hard he tried, never should have been a starter, some of us recognized it early and said it was a mistake committing to and paying him.

The hate comes from a guy that stunk who held onto starting position way too long, the latter is the coach and GM's fault. I honestly could care less how hard he tried, never should have been a starter, some of us recognized it early and said it was a mistake committing to and paying him.

What was he supposed to do? Decline politely? The FO didn't provide a better QB, and the staff didn't have enough magic in the bag to make him Peyton Manning. It's not the fault of Fitz.

Heck, I loved his attititude blocking on busted plays! That was fun to watch..... if he were a great player I would have cringed more, but as it was, it was fun to watch.

I would take Fitz over any QB we've had since Kelly.

Flutie won a lot of games for us and was exciting but he did not give us what Fitz did. Bledsoe is easily one of the better QB's of his era but I don't think he gave us what he could have. Fitz gave us his all and was the reason we won. He did not have much to work with but that didn't slow him down or make him try any less.

What was he supposed to do? Decline politely? The FO didn't provide a better QB, and the staff didn't have enough magic in the bag to make him Peyton Manning. It's not the fault of Fitz.

Heck, I loved his attititude blocking on busted plays! That was fun to watch..... if he were a great player I would have cringed more, but as it was, it was fun to watch.

The "hate" (at least from me) is directed at Gailey for thinking he needed an egg head to run his "brilliant" offense, and at buddy for being an incompetent GM. At times its expressed as calling fitz what he was, a backup at best with no business starting. I've never blamed him for wanting to start and accepting a large contract. That some people interpret that as personal "hate" for firz just shows how sensitive they are for being so attached to a guy that was a bum

Edited by JTSP

Fitzpatrick fell into that dreaded category of mediocre players that were/are lauded by many Bills fans. These are the the folks that tell us Chris Hogan is better than Mike Williams, or that we should have given Da'rick Rogers more of a chance. We've heard it all before: "This Michael Jasper guy is going to DOMINATE"..."Coy Wire reminds me of a young Steve Freeman" and so on. They're the same crew that couldn't wait to run Stevie Johnson out of town and have told us that Spiller is overrated and should be gone (though the buffoon that serves as offensive coordinator didn't exactly understand how to use him). Stop embracing the mediocre!!!

Sad but true. It is the reason we have been terrible so long. Since 2000, what better QB have we had than fitz? Arguably, Bledsoe-- but his star faded after basically 1 .5 good years here.

Holcomb, Bledsoe, losman, Edwards, fitz, maybe include EJ-- that's how you get 14 losing years.

Fitzpatrick has been in Houston what he has always been (including here).

He will get hot and have a couple nice games, then go right back to missing open guys, fumbling, throwing picks, and generally being pitiful to watch. But he will scramble and not slide! And the BEARD!

Texans fans want him on the bench, because they think he is sinking their season.

The "Fitzmagic" people used to say "if ONLY he had a good defense! It's the DEFENSE'S fault! It's the offensive line! It's the water! It's the air!"

Well, the Texans have a top defense that is #1 in takeaways. And guess what?

Fitzpatrick still stinks. Biggest fraud we ever had to stomach.

And he's still better than EJ after all of that...

You mean other than Orton can hit a WR 40+ yards downfield in stride instead of having the ball end up 5 yards behind him and turn into a jump ball like Fitz throws?

I don't know. I think Orton and Fitz are a lot closer than some folks think. Orton has a better arm, Fitz has better mobility and avoids sacks. There is a reason both have been on 5 times.

I just think it's funny that we trash one and think of the other as our MVP. Both guys are solid NFL QBs who are borderline starters.

And he's still better than EJ after all of that...

EJ has played 14 games.

I don't know. I think Orton and Fitz are a lot closer than some folks think. Orton has a better arm, Fitz has better mobility and avoids sacks. There is a reason both have been on 5 times.

I just think it's funny that we trash one and think of the other as our MVP. Both guys are solid NFL QBs who are borderline starters.

EJ has played 14 games.

That is sheer lunacy. Fitzpatrick is horrible. How many times do you need to see the ball slip out of his baby-sized hands to see that? Nice guy, sure. Train wreck of a QB.

Orton is much better than Fitzpatrick. Be happy we were able to snag him and enjoy competent QB play for the first time in a decade. Because knowing the Bills, they'll let him walk at the end of the year and we'll be right back to square one.

Just the eyeball test tells me that Orton is easily better. While Fitz has superior mobility, Orton seems just as smart and has a much better arm. His passes over ten yards are far superior to Fitz, which is really what you need to be a good QB. Fitz will always give everything he's got, but it's just not good enough at the NFL level .

EJ has played 14 games.

Agree completely. Class act who I will always root for, including when he returns to the lineup after mallet is benched or injured in 3 weeks.