What show to start?

The Underdog

Just getting around to watching The Crown (4 episodes in) and Silicon Valley (finished the first season). The Crown is really well done; SV is hysterical.

Finished The Crown last week, pretty good show. I thought John Lithgow was fantastic as Winston Churchill. Started season 4 of Ray Donovan...

macguyver is now on at 5pm and 9pm. must watch.

i preferred happy days and gilligians island at nine, with andy griffith at 8 and mayberry rfd at 830... good segue but macguyver is really interesting to watch.

Pleasant surprise to wake up and see new seasons of Always sunny and man Seeking Woman on the DVR. FXX really is a great network for original shows.

BTW, was all excited for Sherlock Season 4, but the first episode I thought sucked...lets hope it gets better from here.

Watched the first episode of Mick, the new series with Sunny's Kaitlin Olsen, it was pretty funny, plus she's pretty hot. Hopefully the rest of the series is as good or better

Pleasant surprise to wake up and see new seasons of Always sunny and man Seeking Woman on the DVR. FXX really is a great network for original shows.

BTW, was all excited for Sherlock Season 4, but the first episode I thought sucked...lets hope it gets better from here.

That was an incredibly odd episode last night.

Just finished up "The Night Of" started slow, got really good in the middle, and then the end was just meh. How do I do spoiler tags so I can discuss it?

<spoiler>Your post here.</spoiler>

If you replace the < and > with [ and ], you'll get spoiler tags.

<spoiler>Your post here.</spoiler>

If you replace the < and > with [ and ], you'll get spoiler tags.

Thanks. Had to edit it hope nobody saw anything before I fixed it! lol

So the show got very interesting in the middle with the court case. Did he do it did he not do it. Then, was he going to get in trouble for all of his actions in the prison. Then was someone going to retaliate on him for the prison actions. Then he gets acquitted and is free to go, nothing else really goes on, he still has a drug addiction and a problem with his mom who didn't believe him and that's how it ended?! I can think of a ton of better endings:

1. He gets off for the murder, Freddie pulls some strings and he gets stuck in prison for the things he did while in prison.

2. He gets off for the murder and we find out he did it. (Richard Gere movie from the 90s with this type of ending - good movie better book)

3. He gets convicted of the murder even though we know the finance guy did it.

4. He gets convicted and we find out he did do it.

All of that is without thinking too hard and would have taken the show from ok to phenomenal in my book. Be honest if you watched the show were you let down by the finale? I certainly was. Yeah it wrapped it up but not in any sort of exciting way.

Edited by section122

Just finished up "The Night Of" started slow, got really good in the middle, and then the end was just meh. How do I do spoiler tags so I can discuss it?

I was fine with the ending.

The kid's life is a mess now; I think that, at the end of the day, was the whole point, despite the fact he didn't do it.

I was fine with the ending.

The kid's life is a mess now; I think that, at the end of the day, was the whole point, despite the fact he didn't do it.

I think it could be argued that his life was a mess before he got in trouble though. He was a drug dealer but hadn't been caught and had the 2 violent outburst while in school. He wasn't the angel we thought after the first few episodes. Didn't it seem strange that he jumped right into beating that guy in the shower and swallowing/smuggling drugs? Then he was an accomplice to murder and all those jailhouse tats. I get the idea of it ruining his life per se but I thought if that is what they wanted to show perhaps more than a minor argument and a shot of him doing drugs on the bridge would have helped drive that home. Perhaps have him commit some crimes on the outside or something. I don't know it just left a "that's it?" feeling with me.