What show to start?

The Underdog

I think that is on DTV, will look for these . thank you

BBC America has alot of period pieces

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell as I had mentioned set in early 1800s Britain. Miniseries, 7 parts I think.

Atlantis. Self explanatory. In the middle of Season 2

Ripper Street set in White Chapel after the Ripper killings. Just finished season 3

Musketeers. Self explanatory. Finished season 2 a couple months ago

Copper. Set in NYC/Five Points at the end of the Civil War. Only lasted 2 seasons but had it's moments

And they keep flashing teasers for a miniseries called The Last Kingdom. Which from what I have read is set in the time of Alfred the Great and is based on the same series of books as Vikings.

I'm normally the same way. I'd consider giving Daredevil another shot. Kingpin doesn't show up until the tail end of episode 3 and he takes two more episodes to really get going.

Thanx. If my wife stops filling my calendar with social appointments, I may get a moment for myself and continue Daredevil...

Is anyone watching season 3 of Orange is the New Black? I have found this season to be flat out terrible. I'm considering pulling the plug after 7/13 episodes. It's like the writers just phoned it in.

I think there's just only so much they can do with the show. They spent the first 2 seasons making the characters far less dramatic and dangerous than most prison shows (as they should in a minimum security prison), so it kind of limits where they can go with it. I think the final scene of the season promotes that as well. They're pretty much at a standstill with the same old characters.

I think there's just only so much they can do with the show. They spent the first 2 seasons making the characters far less dramatic and dangerous than most prison shows (as they should in a minimum security prison), so it kind of limits where they can go with it. I think the final scene of the season promotes that as well. They're pretty much at a standstill with the same old characters.

The real Piper was only there for just over a year so really they shouldnt be tied to the book anymore.

I heard an interview with the real Piper a month or so ago who said that nothing that is happening now is based on what happened to her.

The producers are now free to come up with new ideas and story lines

CBF

The producers are now free to come up with new ideas and story lines

CBF

Yes, but I think the show would lose a lot if they had just all of a sudden turned all of those girls into hardened criminals in order to add storylines. Again, the ending of the show should basically set them up to get around that next season. Honestly, I'll probably give season 4 a shot, but I doubt I'll continue watching. My guess is it becomes a little too cliché and loses the quality that made it a unique show to me. Edited by Acantha

I am in a minority here but I cannot start watching shows with no specific end. I think all these shows just meander along season after season. Hence, I am more on board when you have primarily single episode shows as X-Files and CSI were.

Am watching "Wayward Pines" as they had said it is based on 3 books = 10 episodes total. I can attest it is a fantastic show - great story, script and direction.

I'm kind of liking Wayward Pines too. It started losing some steam for me around episode 3 or 4, but then season 5 introduces some super crazy stuff that makes it fun again and takes it to a new level. I like that it will just be a 10 episode thing with a complete story arc.

It's kind of guilty pleasure because it's a little bit cheesy in a Twilight Zone kind of way and there are elements where plausibility gets stretched, but it's executed well and it's fun.

Is anyone watching season 3 of Orange is the New Black? I have found this season to be flat out terrible. I'm considering pulling the plug after 7/13 episodes. It's like the writers just phoned it in.

I have never seen the show, but I have heard much the same from those who used to pester me to watch it all the time....I believe it is a Jenji Kohan production? If so, it sounds to be starting the same trajectory as her other smash hit show, "Weeds"...strong start, you strart questioning yourself as to why you are still watching it...and then by the end of the series, you start to realize it successfully transformed itself from the "excellent" to the "so bad it is almost good" category, while you weren't paying attention...

I have never seen the show, but I have heard much the same from those who used to pester me to watch it all the time....I believe it is a Jenji Kohan production? If so, it sounds to be starting the same trajectory as her other smash hit show, "Weeds"...strong start, you strart questioning yourself as to why you are still watching it...and then by the end of the series, you start to realize it successfully transformed itself from the "excellent" to the "so bad it is almost good" category, while you weren't paying attention...

Entourage syndrome.

It's funny, we haven't even talked about watching the new Orange season. Maybe we won't bother.

She has no idea how to give her shows any direction. With both shows, she constant adds new elements into the mix without really having an overall focus. With Weeds it was the constant change of setting. With Orange, it's the need to give every single character a backstory, no matter how minor they are. Actually, the more I think about it, I think her biggest fault is that she doesn't seem to be able to create a character that is the least bit interesting. When I look at the characters in Orange, I can't really think of a single one right now who makes me want to know more about them.

I'm kind of liking Wayward Pines too. It started losing some steam for me around episode 3 or 4, but then season 5 introduces some super crazy stuff that makes it fun again and takes it to a new level. I like that it will just be a 10 episode thing with a complete story arc.

It's kind of guilty pleasure because it's a little bit cheesy in a Twilight Zone kind of way and there are elements where plausibility gets stretched, but it's executed well and it's fun.

I agree. And to me its a bit richer because of the moral dilemmas it raises and the reason for the action of several of the key characters. Also, the 10 episode format allows for crisper story telling.

Edited by Fan in Chicago