What show to start?

The Underdog

Just started watching The Strain as I had heard good things and the new season is about to start on the 12th. Through 6 episodes so far; pretty good stuff and an interesting take on the old vampire storyline.

I thought the first few episodes were slow and almost gave up on it. I'm glad I didn't because by the end of the season, I couldn't wait for each new episode. Excited for it's return next week.

I thought the first few episodes were slow and almost gave up on it. I'm glad I didn't because by the end of the season, I couldn't wait for each new episode. Excited for it's return next week.

That's where binge watching is great. While a bit "slow" I thought the first few episodes did a decent job of character development, rather than throwing everyone right into the fray.

That's where binge watching is great. While a bit "slow" I thought the first few episodes did a decent job of character development, rather than throwing everyone right into the fray.

You're right about binge watching, it does make it easier. I'm going to hold back from talking about any particulars from the show, because I'm not quite sure at what point they happened and don't want to ruin anything for you. There were some very cool and interesting storylines created though.

Been watching a couple new period dramas on PBS..

Crimson Fields Very good period piece on WW1 field hospitals.

Also like Poldark, set in post American Revolution England

Brits sure do like their period pieces....and for some reason I do too!

amazon's "mozart in the jungle" is really good imo. "ballers" and "the brink" are pretty interesting although neither are the quality of other top hbo offerings. "ballers" is actually kind depressing in that i imagine it's a pretty accurate portrayal of nfl players. i love "silicon valley".

I am in a minority here but I cannot start watching shows with no specific end. I think all these shows just meander along season after season. Hence, I am more on board when you have primarily single episode shows as X-Files and CSI were.

Am watching "Wayward Pines" as they had said it is based on 3 books = 10 episodes total. I can attest it is a fantastic show - great story, script and direction.

I am in a minority here but I cannot start watching shows with no specific end. I think all these shows just meander along season after season. Hence, I am more on board when you have primarily single episode shows as X-Files and CSI were.

Am watching "Wayward Pines" as they had said it is based on 3 books = 10 episodes total. I can attest it is a fantastic show - great story, script and direction.

No specific end meaning what? Only serialized short form shows?

I didnt even know it started yet

CBF

It just finished its run before the 4th I believe. 13 episodes, short and tasty. I think FX has it online for free -- the last few episodes had me rolling. But I'm a sucker for Crystal and Gad.

No specific end meaning what? Only serialized short form shows?

What i mean is shows where the story continues and there is no specific resolution after a set number of episodes. I started watching House of Cards and Daredevil, for example. After a few episodes, I realized that there is no 'good guy catch bad guy, story end' in Daredevil. I just don't have the patience and time to invest myself in stories which are forever on their journey but never arrive at any destination.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

What i mean is shows where the story continues and there is no specific resolution after a set number of episodes. I started watching House of Cards and Daredevil, for example. After a few episodes, I realized that there is no 'good guy catch bad guy, story end' in Daredevil. I just don't have the patience and time to invest myself in stories which are forever on their journey but never arrive at any destination.

I got ya.... did you finish Daredevil? It actually becomes that kind of story by about episode 7.