Week 10: Chiefs' Game Preparation - Fred & Sammy Both Active

Chiefs’ Alex Smith at his best of late

He was a cast off in San Francisco, but Chiefs head coach Andy Reid believed he could win with Alex Smith and if the veteran QB continues playing the way he has of late Kansas City will stay right in the AFC playoff race.

The Chiefs come into Buffalo hot this weekend, winners of their last three in a row and five of their last six. They’re also 3-0 against the AFC East this season. Their offense has been remarkably efficient this season and Smith is a big reason why.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs Activate Mays from IR; Waive Franklin

The Chiefs announced that LB Joe Mays has been activated and LB Jerry Franklin has been waived

CAPACCIO: Bills Gameplan: How to Attack the Chiefs

By Sal Capaccio

There haven’t been many November games as big as this one for the Bills over the past 14 years. Both teams 5-3, the winner takes a huge step towards a playoff spot while the loser falls, essentially, two games behind the other in the wild card standings due to the head-to-head victory. The Chiefs come in on a roll. They’ve won three in a row. However, there are some areas they can be and have been exploited through those eight games. Here are some things I’ve seen on film and what the numbers say:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

5 things to watch for during Bills - Chiefs

By Joe Buscaglia

2992485.jpg?1415470748

The first half of the season is over and done with for the Buffalo Bills and they secured only their fourth first half winning record in this century. Now, with the bye week in the rearview mirror the Bills start a gauntlet in November against three teams that factor into the playoff discussion.

Up first: the Kansas City Chiefs. The two sides are nearing rival status, with their Sunday matchup being the seventh straight season that they have played one another. Who has the edge in this version of the budding rivalry?

Some keys to watch for in the matchup:

Defending home field has to be better

The Bills have talked a lot amongst themselves about defending their home field. In the first half of the season they were a pedestrian 2-2 at home and 1-2 against AFC clubs. With four home games left on the schedule, three of which are against AFC teams including Kansas City Sunday, Buffalo’s players and coaches know home field must become a bigger advantage in the second half of the season.

Broadcast Information: Chiefs at Bills

Find out how and where to watch with television, radio, and internet broadcast information for this weekend's game.

Bills Focus: Chiefs-Bills Preview (4:35)

Chris Brown and John Murphy break down Sunday's matchup against the Chiefs. They discuss Kansas City's dynamic pass rush and tight end's in addition to Bills' injuries.

Why doesn't A Smith throw deep? Just read the Capaccio article

Reid is a "Chief" proponent of the WCO and their passing offense with Smith as the triggerman is primarily predicated on short to intermediate precision passing to advance the football.

Reid is a "Chief" proponent of the WCO and their passing offense with Smith as the triggerman is primarily predicated on short to intermediate precision passing to advance the football.

That was a turrible joke : )

But its extreme statistically isnt it ? Sal's thoughts seemed to lean to , dont even worry about the deep ball. I know Jim S knows better. But should the Bills play a press coverage to disrupt routes and rely on some pressure ? Or do they keep the plays underneath and just make the solid tackle ?

The game may be about incurring the least mistakes for both sides , and one or two big plays may make the game

Edited by 3rdand12

That was a turrible joke : )

But its extreme statistically isnt it ? Sal's thoughts seemed to lean to , dont even worry about the deep ball. I know Jim S knows better. But should the Bills play a press coverage to disrupt routes and rely on some pressure ? Or do they keep the plays underneath and just make the solid tackle ?

The game may be about incurring the least mistakes for both sides , and one or two big plays may make the game

I'd prefer they utilize the press technique to disrupt the timing of the routes and force Smith to hold the ball just a little longer. Rely on quick pressure to get to Smith and if they don't get home have the DL keep their hands up for batted balls. None of their receivers are accomplished enough deep threats to be overly worried about getting beat deep.

I'd prefer they utilize the press technique to disrupt the timing of the routes and force Smith to hold the ball just a little longer. Rely on quick pressure to get to Smith and if they don't get home have the DL keep their hands up for batted balls. None of their receivers are accomplished enough deep threats to be overly worried about getting beat deep.

There is my answer.

I have thought that "hands up" should be a state of mind.

But as most of us know thats the last move a D lineman might make or the last resort . With penetrating DTs like ours , You lose the pressure , the block and also take a chance of a decent punch in the gut ! Dontari Poe wil be getting his hands up if Eric doesnt hold them down as taught , i would guess

But this is one of those game the D line and LBs need to mess with Smiths vision on the short passes. Good point

@AndyTWCNews

Per @RapSheet and @AlbertBreer, #Bills Fred Jackson and Sammy Watkins optimistic they can play today vs. Chiefs.

@RapSheet

Despite little work this week, #Bills are optimistic they'll have Fred Jackson (groin) & Sammy Watkins (groin) today, per @AlbertBreer & me

@AlbertBreer

From @RapSheet and me: Bills RB Fred Jackson and WR Sammy Watkins are optimistic they will be able to go today against the Chiefs.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz