'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

It's good that he's trying, but I'm still going to assume Bryant isn't going to come here. I was disappointed when Noel was deciding on schools because I bought into Michael Carter Williams' influence.

Yeah, I agree. It can't hurt though. The reports that he is leaning toward Indiana surprise me. Especially with recent reports of Crean being on the "hot seat" due to disappointing seasons the past couple years. The first round loss this year didn't help.

On the flip side of the coin, I can see how Syracuse's NCAA penalties (couple with Boeheim's announcement) might have detered he and his family

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Cuse lands Thomas Bryant, which seems unlikely, who plays at center? Chino? Okay...he will not be ready, but who plays center when he gets in foul trouble? Roberson? Syracuse basketball is in big, big trouble next season.

I'm starting to come to terms with that...sad as it is.

Disappointing. They really need to land Thomas Bryant now. Boeheim better be picking that kid up from school everyday.

Weird decision. Go pro to be a late second rounder. I will put money on him being out of the NBA in less than 3 years.

Weird decision. Go pro to be a late second rounder. I will put money on him being out of the NBA in less than 3 years.

I think he will be a late 1st rounder. I think NBA scouts gave him a 1st round grade, and that is why he jumped. He's going to collect that minimum 1.2 million salary for being a first round pick and hope for the best. I certainly don't think he's physically ready yet though. I understand why he is doing it, but I think it's a stupid, short sighted decision.

I think he will be a late 1st rounder. I think NBA scouts gave him a 1st round grade, and that is why he jumped. He's going to collect that minimum 1.2 million salary for being a first round pick and hope for the best. I certainly don't think he's physically ready yet though. I understand why he is doing it, but I think it's a stupid, short sighted decision.

No doubt. He's more likely headed the direction of Donte Green than MCW.

I don't know, man. Jerami Grant had a mid-1st round grade and went like second round/39th. I could see the same re McCullough.

I don't know, man. Jerami Grant had a mid-1st round grade and went like second round/39th. I could see the same re McCullough.

Maybe so, but McCullough is a 6'11" guy who can handle the ball, run the floor, and shoot from outside (he's a much better shooter than we saw this year b/c JB didn't let him). Plus, he's still going to add 20+ pounds to his frame. He's just a kid. Jerami Grant is an athletic 6'8" small forward without a NBA shot. McCullough, if he works hard and stays healthy, is a much better NBA prospect than Grant. Some team will take a shot at him in the 1st purely based on potential.

But that's just one guy's opinion...

Maybe so, but McCullough is a 6'11" guy who can handle the ball, run the floor, and shoot from outside (he's a much better shooter than we saw this year b/c JB didn't let him). Plus, he's still going to add 20+ pounds to his frame. He's just a kid. Jerami Grant is an athletic 6'8" small forward without a NBA shot. McCullough, if he works hard and stays healthy, is a much better NBA prospect than Grant. Some team will take a shot at him in the 1st purely based on potential.

Yeah, you could be right. I guess we'll see how he looks soon enough.

I disagree with this. I think this is a huge mistake. He should have come back for another year not just to heal but also to bulk up a bit. He showed minor flashes but any team that drafts him will be doing so hoping he pans out not because they saw something while he was at Cuse. Add in the fact that he won't be able to work out for anyone I just think he is throwing away a lot of money.

Here is he #44 of prospects

Chad Ford has him at #43

#44 here as well

I honestly have no idea what he is thinking going pro at this point. Before the season he was talked about as a potential lottery pick but that was before his injury. Best case for him at this point is a team taking a flyer on him late in the first. I think if he returned he could have been a focal point and pushed himself back into the lottery if not top 10. If he did that he is looking at 5.5 million instead of 2.5. I immediately thought Donte Green myself.

On a different note. I ended up using my tickets for the tournament. It was a bit strange being at a sporting even without having a rooting interest. Even my brackets weren't really effected by the outcome. They redid the dome and I thought it was much better. The brought in a catwalk for the top of the roll in bleachers that helped empty them out much easier. The only complaint I had was the environment was very sterile. No booze allowed by the NCAA. No SU signage (even boeheim court). Our seats were second row behind where the couch is in games. Magic Johnson (my hero growing up) was in the building so I ended up rooting for MSU. It amazed me how many fans they had in attendance. It didn't surprise me that people were rooting against Louisville but it seemed many people were rocking the green and white.

I disagree with this. I think this is a huge mistake. He should have come back for another year not just to heal but also to bulk up a bit. He showed minor flashes but any team that drafts him will be doing so hoping he pans out not because they saw something while he was at Cuse. Add in the fact that he won't be able to work out for anyone I just think he is throwing away a lot of money.

For the record, I never said that I thought he was making a good decision. I obviously think (for selfish and logical reasons) that he is making a bad decision and could benefit from another year in college.

What I was trying to convey is that I understand why he is making this decision. He is another serious injury injury away from potentially ending his career. Some NBA talent scout (whether good or bad advice) told him that he will likely be a 1st round selection. I can see how he would want to take a shot at the guaranteed 2 year deal worth 1.9 million guaranteed. He does have physical traits and athleticism that NBA scouts drool over, and I wouldn't be shocked to see his stock rise as the draft approaches. There aren't too many guys his size that can do the things that he can do, and he hasn't even grown into his "adult body" yet. Also, NBA scouts have been watching this kid since high school. They know that he has more to offer than what we all saw while he was at Syracuse. I don't think it's a stretch to think that some team near the end of the 1st round will take a chance on him.

For the record, I never said that I thought he was making a good decision. I obviously think (for selfish and logical reasons) that he is making a bad decision and could benefit from another year in college.

What I was trying to convey is that I understand why he is making this decision. He is another serious injury injury away from potentially ending his career. Some NBA talent scout (whether good or bad advice) told him that he will likely be a 1st round selection. I can see how he would want to take a shot at the guaranteed 2 year deal worth 1.9 million guaranteed. He does have physical traits and athleticism that NBA scouts drool over, and I wouldn't be shocked to see his stock rise as the draft approaches. There aren't too many guys his size that can do the things that he can do, and he hasn't even grown into his "adult body" yet. Also, NBA scouts have been watching this kid since high school. They know that he has more to offer than what we all saw while he was at Syracuse. I don't think it's a stretch to think that some team near the end of the 1st round will take a chance on him.

Perfectly said.

McCullough's girlfriend is pregnant...due in April. I wonder if that had an impact on his decision...

I heard today, FWIW, that there has been a bit of a pendulum swing in the Thomas Bryant recruitment.

I got a text this morning

"Bryant to Indiana? Not so fast..."

I replied "so you're saying there's a chance?"

The reply was "50/50"

It was shocking to me because the last I heard Syracuse had moved on. I don't know what took place, or if McCullough leaving had an impact. I hope to god we land this kid.

McCullough's girlfriend is pregnant...due in April. I wonder if that had an impact on his decision...

I heard today, FWIW, that there has been a bit of a pendulum swing in the Thomas Bryant recruitment.

The reply was "50/50"

It was shocking to me because the last I heard Syracuse had moved on. I don't know what took place, or if McCullough leaving had an impact. I hope to god we land this kid.

Feel bad for the guy if this is why he is feeling like he needs to go pro now. But it's not going to help his kid in 2 years if he isn't drafted or flames out in a year. It's a shame that there isn't a long-term view here.

Don't get my hopes up about Bryant!!

Feel bad for the guy if this is why he is feeling like he needs to go pro now. But it's not going to help his kid in 2 years if he isn't drafted or flames out in a year. It's a shame that there isn't a long-term view here.

Don't get my hopes up about Bryant!!

Announcement supposed to come after this weekend's tournament. If we don't have hope, what do we have? Keep your fingers crossed. Bryant could be the savior of this program.

Doesn't this recruitment remind you of the DC2 recruitment? Leading up to his announcement everyone was saying he was a Kentucky lean. I thought it was over. He gets to the microphone and out comes the Cuse hat!

Go get him Hop!!

The reply was "50/50"

Bryant will likely be the difference between being in the tourney or not, so I'm back on the hope train.

• 2 months later...