CFB Week 10 - Bills scouts at 2 games

YoloinOhio

Bills have scouts at:

Arizona at UCLA - ESPN 10:30 est

Three top players: Arizona (WR Austin Hill, DB Tra'Mayne Bondurant, OL Mickey Baucus); UCLA (QB Brett Hundley, LB Eric Kendricks, CB Ishmael Adams).

Arkansas at Miss St - ESPN2 7:15 est

Three top players: Arkansas (OL Brey Cook, TE A.J. Derby, DE Trey Flowers); Mississippi State (LB Benardrick McKinney, WR Jameon Lewis, QB Dak Prescott).

Also...Best game of the day, IMO - 7 TCU at 20 WVU- ESPN2 3:30 est

Three top players: TCU (QB Trevone Boykin, DB Sam Carter, CB Kevin White); West Virginia (OL Quinton Spain, WR Kevin White, DB Karl Joseph).

@NFL_CFB: Several NFL teams will watch #UCLA QB Brett Hundley on Saturday. #Jets #Bucs #Patriots #Bills http://t.co/431hgMa9WL http://t.co/U65zb2wc6q

Let's go Bucks - get that Illibuck trophy!

Edited by YoloinOhio

yep. Wonder if there is interest in Hundley. I haven't watched much of him this year but seems like his stock has fallen.

Possible his stock has fallen and he could go in round two. Who knows. UCLA and Arizona have a lot of good players tough.

I know scouts and GMs and personnel guys all want to see players in person at least once and usually a couple times. Whaley is on the road and watches 2-3 games in person every week. But I can't help thinking it has to cloud their judgment one way or another if that one time they watch live the player has a particularly good or bad game. I'm also positive they take that into consideration but it seems like it would have to have an affect somehow, even subliminally.

Possible his stock has fallen and he could go in round two. Who knows. UCLA and Arizona have a lot of good players tough.

I know scouts and GMs and personnel guys all want to see players in person at least once and usually a couple times. Whaley is on the road and watches 2-3 games in person every week. But I can't help thinking it has to cloud their judgment one way or another if that one time they watch live the player has a particularly good or bad game. I'm also positive they take that into consideration but it seems like it would have to have an affect somehow, even subliminally.

The scouts watch every game. One game won't make a difference like it does the average fan, even subliminally.

The scouts watch every game. One game won't make a difference like it does the average fan, even subliminally.

I know they do. I meant there is a big difference between watching a game live in the stadium and watching the film. The game you just happened to be at (sometimes these scouts only see a player once or twice live depending on the school) could influence you more because there is more to see. Perhaps not. I would love to ask a scout about that. I'm sure most would say it doesn't influence them more, because that would be an admission of some sort that it wasn't a fair assessment.

I can't believe that one of these guys is going to be overly sensitive to one game. Maybe seeing someone score 5 TD's on runs longer then 60 yards might get their pulse up but chances are these guys are almost immune to it.

They watch hundreds of players a week in the NCAA and the NFL. Something of this line of thought came to me a few weeks ago, enough so to almost start a thread. But, take QB for example. There is a reasonable chance the best GM's are going to see the top 50 QB's in the country play in a football season and at least a few of them will not be in the NFL. Mariotta, for example, maybe better then Kirk Cousins but not better then Grappolo - or Colt McCoy may be better then Derek Anderson who is better then Jameis Winston, etc...

These guys see such premier talent that it eventually the good from the bad separate themselves.

I can't believe that one of these guys is going to be overly sensitive to one game. Maybe seeing someone score 5 TD's on runs longer then 60 yards might get their pulse up but chances are these guys are almost immune to it.

They watch hundreds of players a week in the NCAA and the NFL. Something of this line of thought came to me a few weeks ago, enough so to almost start a thread. But, take QB for example. There is a reasonable chance the best GM's are going to see the top 50 QB's in the country play in a football season and at least a few of them will not be in the NFL. Mariotta, for example, maybe better then Kirk Cousins but not better then Grappolo - or Colt McCoy may be better then Derek Anderson who is better then Jameis Winston, etc...

These guys see such premier talent that it eventually the good from the bad separate themselves.

Yeah, they probably know not to put too much stock in one game. I say this because I have had the luxury of getting field passes for a lot of college football games. And the game is completely different from there compared to even great seats or press box, etc.

I was on the field at a famous ASU/LSU game right after Katrina and Jamarcus Russell was simply superhuman in the game. And watching it up close like that, I was thinking this guy is going to be an amazing pro. Ha. That was probably the best game I had ever seen a player play. But it clouded my judgment (I wasn't the only one, obviously, he was the #1 overall pick). And of course, I am not a scout. But I know for sure when you see someone play great in person rather than on tape or watching on TV, it's just a different experience.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I know they do. I meant there is a big difference between watching a game live in the stadium and watching the film. The game you just happened to be at (sometimes these scouts only see a player once or twice live depending on the school) could influence you more because there is more to see. Perhaps not. I would love to ask a scout about that. I'm sure most would say it doesn't influence them more, because that would be an admission of some sort that it wasn't a fair assessment.

Whether more or maybe even less- it's different. At least a little.