I don't want the Jets getting their hands on Winston or Mariota..

zow2

That's all i have to say during this bye week. I want the Jets to continue to stink but not bad enough to draft in the top 5 of 2015. Winston in particular would be a franchise-altering pick imo. He's that good. Therefore I'll root for NY to get a couple wins that would help us out starting with this weekend at Kansas City.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We hear the same thing every year around this time "We need Taj Boyd" or "I can't believe we're going to miss out on Bridgewater" or even "Johnny Football would be our franchise QB".

Mariota and Winston are nothing more than this year's version of "the new popular Christmas toy". They are not Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning (guaranteed franchise QB's).

Don't sweat it.

We hear the same thing every year around this time "We need Taj Boyd" or "I can't believe we're going to miss out on Bridgewater" or even "Johnny Football would be our franchise QB".

Mariota and Winston are nothing more than this year's version of "the new popular Christmas toy". They are not Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning (guaranteed franchise QB's).

Don't sweat it.

Amen. I wouldn't draft Winston. He's the latest athletic QB with questionable translatable skills, particulary the mental side of the game. Let the Jets have him.

Yeah, I'm sorta taking the "yeah, but, given the Jets propensity to screw up the obvious/destroy players, even if they do get one of these 2 guys....." approach.

If IBM is where good software goes to die? The Jets are where good, head-on-straight, college players go to turn into Keyshawn Johnson.

Or, the Jets are the NFL's version of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

screw the Jets - crap owner; crap GM; crap fans; don't even have their own stadium; don't even play in the city they represent. mickey mouse franchise.

Can't say I disagree with the overall sentiment in your post, but... :holdsupmirror:

That's all i have to say during this bye week. I want the Jets to continue to stink but not bad enough to draft in the top 5 of 2015. Winston in particular would be a franchise-altering pick imo. He's that good. Therefore I'll root for NY to get a couple wins that would help us out starting with this weekend at Kansas City.

Remember their last top 5 QB?

I hope they get Winston. Will just be another huge fail for a division opponent.

Be careful what you wish for. Despite being a knucklehead off the field, the guy has NEVER LOST. I'm not so sure he's going to be a disaster. He's not Geno. He's a nut with game.

Winston has already said he's returning to FSU next season.

Didn't he also say he had permission to steal the crab legs? He may indeed go back, but I wouldn't put it in stone because he said so.