Ricky Williams: I left NFL due to Dolphins bad QB's

"I got high and forgot I wasn't supposed to get high." -Ricky Williams

Also, JP Losman gets a mention in the article? Win.

dissing his religious beliefs .... tsk tsk

50% of NFL players smoke pot. my source - Chris Cooley former TE

The Drive with Cooley and Czabe - ESPN 980 ...

that doesn't include the synthetic stuff

Yeah but a Multimillion dollar chore.

Agreed but sometimes a job is still a job. Also, it's a job (especially running back) that can affect your life with long term injuries and shortening your life.

As great as it seems to most fans, there are a good amount of players who just view it as their job, no different than your job. Big Mike Williams always struck me as this type.

And as someone who played through college, football can be a pain in the butt. There is nothing like a game but practice, injuries, and all the other BS can make it feel like a chore to play.

That's every sport. Some are worse. Wrestling, for instance.

dissing his religious beliefs .... tsk tsk

50% of NFL players smoke pot. my source - Chris Cooley former TE

The Drive with Cooley and Czabe - ESPN 980 ...

that doesn't include the synthetic stuff

I know of certain former Bills DT who hosted the weed parties. And honestly, they shoudl be able to given what they put their body through. IT's better than painkillers.

That's every sport. Some are worse. Wrestling, for instance.

But a guy like Ricky Williams is playing because he's godo and can get paid. You can't really get paid as a wrestler for the most part. You have to be doing it more for the love of it.

never reached his full potential, what a shame. i remember when he was coming out of college he was going to be the next herschell walker/jim brown and the saints gave up all of those picks for him. he was ok but never amazing. i think he had other interests besides sports and so he was never as focused as he should have been. fun fact: he played pro baseball too. he played for the phillies single A team in Batavia one summer and i remember seeing him there.

Dude had almost 1600 carries his first five years -- more than Earl Campbell. Miami beat the crap out of him those first two years after he came over from NO.

That muddy Sunday night game against the Bills in early '03 it seemed like he carried the ball every single play.

Agreed but sometimes a job is still a job. Also, it's a job (especially running back) that can affect your life with long term injuries and shortening your life.

As great as it seems to most fans, there are a good amount of players who just view it as their job, no different than your job. Big Mike Williams always struck me as this type.

I don't think playing in college gives one any idea about anything professional football players go through.

I know of certain former Bills DT who hosted the weed parties. And honestly, they shoudl be able to given what they put their body through. IT's better than painkillers.

But a guy like Ricky Williams is playing because he's godo and can get paid. You can't really get paid as a wrestler for the most part. You have to be doing it more for the love of it.

Yeah right weed really keeps the brain supple...less concussions Ive read

and FredEX @ 33 is the oldest RB in the league this season. I'm not getting the point ... maybe a slight on Ricky's pot smoking?

Maybe the point is that Ricky left the NFL because he was, by RB standards, old and used up--not because his QB sucked. FJ will be gone within a year also.