Mexico ready to explode

Still no word of the fate of 43 students taken into custody by Mexican police. The populace rising up, an escalation of the violence seems imminent. Is there even a way for the people to change a completely corrupt system without burning the whole thing to the ground first?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/homero-aridjis/mexico-missing-students_b_6062000.html

(pictures taken from the ground, more here:

)

It's a good thing we have secure borders and immigration controls.

Seriously...how the hell would this country manage a flood of refugees from Mexico when our border and immigration policy is "Come on in, we don't care?" If Mexico does explode, the complete mismanagement of immigration by this administration will leave the border states in a situation an order of magnitude worse than what they see now.

Still no word of the fate of 43 students taken into custody by Mexican police. The populace rising up, an escalation of the violence seems imminent. Is there even a way for the people to change a completely corrupt system without burning the whole thing to the ground first?

http://www.huffingto..._b_6062000.html

(pictures taken from the ground, more here: https://www.flickr.c...157648913962911 )

Like the undermining the cartels by legalizing what they traffic?

How can the Mexican populace, the ones who are protesting for change, legalize anything? They're outside the system, which is what they're protesting against. If you mean the US should legalize drugs to help Mexico combat the corruption in their government, I'm not sure that would have the impact the protesters are looking for.

I like the ad at the bottom of the page, about Ebola-themed halloween costumes going viral...

Ha! I just saw that.

..........Ebola-themed halloween costumes going viral...

pathogenically viral? :D

central americans?

Obama tried that. Doesn't seem to be working so far.

I don't know about that....there's a pretty fair amount of them here in Texas.

dammit...that's not the first time I've been burned by your dry delivery. oh well, at least we're on the same page (even if I am a paragraph or so behind).

Except that I was waiting for gatorman to chime in, in his inimitable stupidity, about drug cartels, so I could respond "No, I'm talking about human trafficking" and put him in a frothing frenzy of idiocy.

And while I was going to tell you "Hey, thanks for ruining it for me, again," I recall that the last time you ruined one of these for me he fell into it anyway. So...nevermind.