Anybody down in Durham?

Dr. Fong

I'm going to be at NC Central U for a football game for my son. I was wondering if there are any can't miss places to get a meal after the game.

There are a ton of us in the Carolinas but I can't offer you much here because I'm not too close by...

If you like BBQ...I mean REAL southern open-pit style BBQ...stop at Backyard BBQ Pit. Prepare to fight the crowds because this place is really popular, but it is well, well worth it IMO. I went there years ago and had the brisket and ribs. Absolutely incredible. The sides were pretty good (think I had mac n cheese and collards), but that's not why you go there. True carnivore paradise.

I believe this place was on a couple Food Network shows.

http://www.sweetribs.com/backyard-bbq-durham-nc-story.html

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

If you like BBQ...I mean REAL southern open-pit style BBQ...stop at Backyard BBQ Pit. Prepare to fight the crowds because this place is really popular, but it is well, well worth it IMO. I went there years ago and had the brisket and ribs. Absolutely incredible. The sides were pretty good (think I had mac n cheese and collards), but that's not why you go there. True carnivore paradise.

I believe this place was on a couple Food Network shows.

http://www.sweetribs.com/backyard-bbq-durham-nc-story.html

Exactly the kind of place I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

Exactly the kind of place I was looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

I was there for a Sabres game last March, and it was very good! The arena and stadium are next to each other. They even have parking in the back of the bar, and then you can walk to the game. It's a bit of a walk, but OK if the weather is good. Be prepared for heavy traffic getting out, after the game. We live in VA, so we really had to rely on GPS to get headed towards home because of the after game police/traffic routing. I believe it's owned by people from Syracuse, so just like home!

I was there for a Sabres game last March, and it was very good! The arena and stadium are next to each other. They even have parking in the back of the bar, and then you can walk to the game. It's a bit of a walk, but OK if the weather is good. Be prepared for heavy traffic getting out, after the game. We live in VA, so we really had to rely on GPS to get headed towards home because of the after game police/traffic routing. I believe it's owned by people from Syracuse, so just like home!

Thanks for the heads up about the stadium traffic, but it's just a Pop Warner game, so I'm sure the traffic won't be too bad. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dr. Fong