Marino tutoring Tannehill

YoloinOhio

I was never that impressed with Marino's football IQ. Sure, its probably very high. But he reminds me of someone like Favre. The type that can play very highly, knows the game and how to play. Knows how to talk about it and maybe explain it. But doesn't seem any bit capable of coaching it.

Coaching is very different. Its hard for most to understand how much different then simply playing the game.

I was never that impressed with Marino's football IQ. Sure, its probably very high. But he reminds me of someone like Favre. The type that can play very highly, knows the game and how to play. Knows how to talk about it and maybe explain it. But doesn't seem any bit capable of coaching it.

Coaching is very different. Its hard for most to understand how much different then simply playing the game.

Great take. See this quite a bit with great bball players too. I remember magic was a terrible coach.

Great take. See this quite a bit with great bball players too. I remember magic was a terrible coach.

I think a lot of star players have trouble coaching because they are a cut above everyone else on the field, and the things that work for them will not necessarily work for less talented players.

I think a lot of star players have trouble coaching because they are a cut above everyone else on the field, and the things that work for them will not necessarily work for less talented players.

I was thinking of hiring Usain Bolt to make me faster, but I'm not sure I'd get my monies worth.

Marino is a good guy. He's friends with Jim Kelly and knows how great Bills fans are. He was a great QB and added alot of excitement to the Dolphins-Bills rivalry.

I attended Kelly's first ever football camp. Marino was there as a guest speaker. After the speech Marino was talking to Jim. I heard Marino say ' how long do I have to stick around for this $h*t'. Marino turned to me to sign an autograph and I turned and walked away.

He has always striked me as an arrogant person.

I think a lot of star players were stars because what they did right was so ingrained in them that they never had to think about it. If you ever work with kids you know there are some that can just throw. No one ever taught them to throw, it just came naturally to them. As a consequence they don't really know what they are doing right, it just works. It is hard to impart knowledge to someone if your good at something but don't really understand why you are good at it.