qb rebirth

nuklz2594

i remember back in the day when jim plunkett was to be the pats savior. did not work out. he went on to win super bowls. same with rich gannon. not saying we are anywhere near a playoff win--could orton be the man to turn the franchise around?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could easily put Vinny Testiverdi(sp) in the same category. He never won a Super Bowl, but certainly his best days were long after being drafted by Tampa.

On the other hand while I'm not saying he's anywhere near terrible, both those guys did have better physical tools. Seemed their problems may have been more on the mental side of the game. Don't think that's ever been Orton's problem, in his case may be more questionable skills.

i remember back in the day when jim plunkett was to be the pats savior. did not work out. he went on to win super bowls. same with rich gannon. not saying we are anywhere near a playoff win--could orton be the man to turn the franchise around?

could be, have to see how he does over the season if teams can figure him out and shut him down or not.

If there is a QB scrambling guru out there, Kyle needs to hire him asap!

There is a real reason as to why the Bills tried to run it more against a stout run defense, and ended the Cyril Richardson experiment at LG. It pains me to see the team going forward with the same players on the roster at OG.

Lions 2 sacks, Patriots 5 sacks, Vikings 6 sacks, Jets 4 sacks= 17 sacks in 4 games. The very last thing the Bills want to see is Orton scrambling around to get yards. To put that into perspective, EJ was only sacked 6 times in his four starts

Kyle Orton could be the savior we all hope he is, that is "IF" he survives behind that line. The Chiefs are currently the #4 sacking team in the NFL with 25 to Buffalo with 28.

Atta boy, keep looking for reasons to be depressed. Our well is deep.

learn to laugh will you and don't be so freaking serious.

I refuse to get all giddy and have my hopes crushed over and over again.

I'm not the only one here saying the same thing.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

learn to laugh will you and don't be so freaking serious.

I refuse to get all giddy and have my hopes crushed over and over again.

I'm not the only one here saying the same thing.

Then you have a lesson to learn too, my friend. Your reaction to Orton is a defense mechanism so that your heart isn't broken again. You expect failure so when it comes you can say you expected it.

But being that way robs you of enjoying what happens along the way. Orton had two legendary game-winning drives in his first 3 games and folks here act like he lost those games. Yet when Doug Flute did that once in the Jacksonville game way back when he became an instant legend.

It's YOU who should lighten up and start enjoying the season. The odds are we aren't winning the Super Bowl so instead of waiting for the disappointment have some fun now.

Then you have a lesson to learn too, my friend. Your reaction to Orton is a defense mechanism so that your heart isn't broken again. You expect failure so when it comes you can say you expected it.

But being that way robs you of enjoying what happens along the way. Orton had two legendary game-winning drives in his first 3 games and folks here act like he lost those games. Yet when Doug Flute did that once in the Jacksonville game way back when he became an instant legend.

It's YOU who should lighten up and start enjoying the season. The odds are we aren't winning the Super Bowl so instead of waiting for the disappointment have some fun now.

Enough with the Orton v EJ BS.

I let it go so should you.

If the team is lacking in a certain area I have every right to say something about it.

Other people post the same things I do yet you are not hounding them every day.

I enjoy the season the same as I do every year. Win or lose I bi+ch and complain every time a Bills player does something stupid.

the issue is that the Orton is God clic can't handle a bit of criticism.

Please move on as I am trying to do.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Enough with the Orton v EJ BS.

I let it go so should you.

If the team is lacking in a certain area I have every right to say something about it.

Other people post the same things I do yet you are not hounding them every day.

I enjoy the season the same as I do every year. Win or lose I bi+ch and complain every time a Bills player does something stupid.

the issue is that the Orton is God clic can't handle a bit of criticism.

Please move on as I am trying to do.

I'm sorry? DId I say Orton was god or even mentioned EJ in my post?? And it's spelled "clique."

I think he's blasting you for posting negatively all the time about some of the few bright spots on the team.

Yet everyone is free to complain about EJ week after week?

Bright spots? My complaints were about INT's, fumbles and sacks. Everything else people ASSUMED.

You have to be concerned about the QB, whomever the he may be when it comes to INT's, fumbles and sacks. All of them were there for KO's first 3 games.

That was mitigated Sunday, possible by keeping the number of pass plays down. Or the ineptness of the NYETS

By this logic no one should be complaining about the O-Lone, Hacket, Marone or anyone else.

Or maybe u are just a sourpuss

well that too. Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yet everyone is free to complain about EJ week after week?

Bright spots? My complaints were about INT's, fumbles and sacks. Everything else people ASSUMED.

You have to be concerned about the QB, whomever the he may be when it comes to INT's, fumbles and sacks. All of them were there for KO's first 3 games.

That was mitigated Sunday, possible by keeping the number of pass plays down. Or the ineptness of the NYETS

By this logic no one should be complaining about the O-Lone, Hacket, Marone or anyone else.

well that too.

See? You can't help yourself.