Mike Williams in the Red Zone in the Jets Game

simpleman

I think it comes down to production. I've never understood why this fanbase fell in love with Williams. I thought the guy was overrated at Syracuse and was living off his 11 TD campaign as a rookie. He was brought here to boost our red zone production but has been invisible once we get inside the 20. Correction, he's been invisible every time he takes the field - save for the 1 grab vs Chicago and a TD catch on a busted coverage / broken play.

Watch the A22, the guy isn't getting open.

3 of 4 seasons he was above 1000 yards.

He's never had a 1000 yd season and he's never caught more than 65 passes.

I think it comes down to production. I've never understood why this fanbase fell in love with Williams. I thought the guy was overrated at Syracuse and was living off his 11 TD campaign as a rookie. He was brought here to boost our red zone production but has been invisible once we get inside the 20. Correction, he's been invisible every time he takes the field - save for the 1 grab vs Chicago and a TD catch on a busted coverage / broken play.

Watch the A22, the guy isn't getting open.

He's never had a 1000 yd season and he's never caught more than 65 passes.

MW doesn't rely on separation to make catches.

Something's going on as Mike Williams was a stud in Tampa. 3 of 4 seasons he was above 1000 yards. I'm not blaming Hackett or Marrone. I don't know. I don't expect you guys to know Williams as I live in Tampa, but it is really perplexing they have a talent like him, yet do not play him.

Maybe he isn't putting in the time in the film room, or spending extra time with Orton. It makes no sense, from a business as he has a chance to do well this year, and can make some decent money. If he gets cut next year, he will go for the league minimum. Is he that dumb to not put it on the line for this team.

It's a damn shame as he could be an excellent #2 and a great red zone threat. I'm really disappointed in him at this point.

what do you mean mike had 3 out of 4 years above 1000 yards? He has never had a 1000 yards receiving in a season.

Has anyone reviewed the game to see if Mike Williams was in the game all those times the team was in the red zone and came up empty? Is he just not getting open, or is he not even being given an opportunity to be on the field during those plays? I find it strange that a player who is considered a great red zone target is not someone I'm noticing in those situations. Is it him not playing well, or is he not even being given an opportunity?

The team was in the red zone six times on Sunday. Not once did they "come up empty." Twice, in the third quarter, they kicked field goals. Those seem to be the only times people remember. Four other times, they scored touchdowns, if you count the first TD, in which they scored right after a sack took them out to the 22. It's still worth asking what's up with Mike Williams, but it does not appear that his lack of targets in the red zone was that big an issue.