Bills are only scoring enough points to win most of their games...

eball

The QB is a 10 year vet. What has Hackett taught him? Mike Williams goes from good #2 receiver to not being able to get on the field. Woods is the same and Watkins was a stud (who we used as a decoy one game). Our rbs have gotten worse.

Injuries aside, it's not the RBs. The offensive line has gotten worse, which is a much bigger concern.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we score enough points to win, but then lose. How do we handle that scenario?

I asked earlier what happens if we have a good offense, but a bad defense... no one answered... I think that counts, I think. Unless it's the Bills, then...

Oh hell, I don't know anymore.

I know that the OP was kidding around and I get it. So the team is 5-3. But for their blow out wins over Miami and the Jets, their other 3 wins are by a combined total of 7 points. While it is great that we are winning some games close, which we were not doing before, we will not have that luxury should we make the playoffs. Two regular season wins with just 17 points on the board will not translate to playoff victory when we are looking at Denver, New England, Indy, or even the Chargers again. They're more likely to get their points that we are to stop them. What that will mean is that we'll have to earn it. Hanging 43 on the Jets was nice. Let's not forget though that 20 of those 43 points were earned on 4 of the 6 turnovers that the defense generated. Eliminate the turnovers and what do you have left? 23-23 scoreboard and 6 more opportunities for the Jets to score.

We blame the refs.

You're doing it all wrong...

First we drink heavily, then blame the refs.

Then we drink more and blame the OC and Head Coach

Then we drink more and blame the GM and Owner

Then we drink more and blame our family for raising us in Buffalo instead of some winning football city

Then we cry, accept our fate and start looking forward to the next game, which is the one that if we win, will catapult us to the playoff FOR SURE this year!

And to that, and to you Mr. Panda, I say :beer:

So let me see if I get your point. You're upset the Bills didn't score 80 points against the Jets because if we did it would somehow help us score more points against tougher teams down the road?

Anytime you run up the score you risk injury. Demoralizing Jets fans has got to be the dumbest reason ever to do that.

You do what it takes to win. Anything more is pointless or dangerous. You talk about having what it takes to beat better teams. How does showing more of your playbook to those teams help you?

Jeez, folks. Think things through.

How do you risk injury beyond the inherent risk in playing the game by running up the score?

You're doing it all wrong...

First we drink heavily, then blame the refs.

Then we drink more and blame the OC and Head Coach

Then we drink more and blame the GM and Owner

Then we drink more and blame our family for raising us in Buffalo instead of some winning football city

Then we cry, accept our fate and start looking forward to the next game, which is the one that if we win, will catapult us to the playoff FOR SURE this year!

And to that, and to you Mr. Panda, I say :beer:

Amen, Brother Heitz. Amen. :beer:

...and I see this as a potentially significant issue going into the 2nd half of the season. At this pace, the Bills may only win 10 of their 16 games and be facing a situation in which they will have to try and score slightly more points than their opponent in the postseason.

Thoughts?

Oh thank god this was a joke. I could not have handled another thread like this. I'm only sad because someone is going to post this exact thread and not be joking tomorrow.

This is lazy analysis at best. You need to consider that in most games, the D is making it tough on opposing Offenses. Also, the ST have improved. All these aspects are making the Bills look better than they actually are. Next time, do you homework before posting.

Let's think about this statement. The special teams and the defense are NOT part of the team and if they do good, they create the false impression that the Bills are good.

So let me see if I get your point. You're upset the Bills didn't score 80 points against the Jets because if we did it would somehow help us score more points against tougher teams down the road?

Anytime you run up the score you risk injury. Demoralizing Jets fans has got to be the dumbest reason ever to do that.

You do what it takes to win. Anything more is pointless or dangerous. You talk about having what it takes to beat better teams. How does showing more of your playbook to those teams help you?

Jeez, folks. Think things through.

It isn't about running up the score. Most people are referring to the two (3 and out) punts after the 2 Geno INT's when we were only up 7-0. If you can't see that after 4 turnovers in one half, and the Jets were only down 7 as a bad thing, then I don't know what to tell you.

Let me ask you this, if we somehow get 4 turnovers on Peyton Manning, and we are leading into the half by only 7 points. Do you feel comfortable going into the second half? Or even Hoyer for that matter.

We won't get 4 turnovers on Peyton Manning. Our offense needs to do better. Please do not act like conservative play calling means our players weren't actually trying to score.

1-10 Brown right guard for 3 yards

2-7 Brown left guard for 2 yards

3-5 Orton incomplete deep to Watkins

4-5 Punt

We were up 7-0 at that point. That play calling is no different than "super conservative, let's not run up the score, we are winning 27-17, play calling"

1-10 Dixon left guard for 5 yards

2-5 Dixon left guard for 3 yards

3-2 Orton sacked

4-7 Punt

Both of those drives, the Bills were playing to win. The offense DOES need to do better.

Edited by What a Tuel

It isn't about running up the score. Most people are referring to the two (3 and out) punts after the 2 Geno INT's when we were only up 7-0. If you can't see that after 4 turnovers in one half, and the Jets were only down 7 as a bad thing, then I don't know what to tell you.

Let me ask you this, if we somehow get 4 turnovers on Peyton Manning, and we are leading into the half by only 7 points. Do you feel comfortable going into the second half? Or even Hoyer for that matter.

We won't get 4 turnovers on Peyton Manning. Our offense needs to do better. Please do not act like conservative play calling means our players weren't actually trying to score.

1-10 Brown right guard for 3 yards

2-7 Brown left guard for 2 yards

3-5 Orton incomplete deep to Watkins

4-5 Punt

We were up 7-0 at that point. That play calling is no different than "super conservative, let's not run up the score, we are winning 27-17, play calling"

1-10 Dixon left guard for 5 yards

2-5 Dixon left guard for 3 yards

3-2 Orton sacked

4-7 Punt

Both of those drives, the Bills were playing to win. The offense DOES need to do better.

Are you insinuating that our gameplan vs Peyton and the Broncos will be the same as playing Geno/Vick and the 1-7 Jets? That's ridiculous.

How do you risk injury beyond the inherent risk in playing the game by running up the score?

That is enough of a risk in and of itself. Plus you run the risk of a embarrassed and very pissed off DE taking a run at Orton and taking him out. So you lose a starter and have gained nothing since that game was already won anyway.

While it is great that we are winning some games close, which we were not doing before, we will not have that luxury should we make the playoffs. Two regular season wins with just 17 points on the board will not translate to playoff victory when we are looking at Denver, New England, Indy, or even the Chargers again. They're more likely to get their points that we are to stop them. What that will mean is that we'll have to earn it.

I never thought forward-thinking pessimism was a thing. Then I started hanging out on this website.

What if we score enough points to win, but then lose. How do we handle that scenario?

is that called a tie? ;) ;)

Bills fans all riled up that a 20 point win on the road wasn't "impressive enough"

In a weird way I'm happy to see this day!

you are missing the point

1 game is not 8 games.

remember 37-22? 15 points on the bad side then 20 to the good = 5 points margin (or is that just fuzzy math)

margin of victory has its merits in the NFL

http://www.sportingc...of-victory.aspx

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever