Secondary is improving

I always had a feeling our secondary had an unwarranted bad rep due to the QBs we played early in the season. Brady, Cutler, Stafford. For awhile there we were in the bottom of the league in passing yards allowed. Now that we've faced some easier QBs to even that out though, the secondary has looked solid. We've gone from 26th in passing defense to 13th. We also lead the league in interceptions.

Not bad.

Playing a rookie QB making his first road start followed by the mess that is the Jets will do that but thinking there has been improvement based on it is just being naive. The Jets for the most part were just awful today

Playing a rookie QB making his first road start followed by the mess that is the Jets will do that but thinking there has been improvement based on it is just being naive. The Jets for the most part were just awful today

You act like almost every team in the league doesn't benefit from playing bad quarterbacks at various points of the season. Coverage has been great lately.

You act like almost every team in the league doesn't benefit from playing bad quarterbacks at various points of the season. Coverage has been great lately.

Benefiting from bad QB play and improving isn't the same thing

to quote rich gannon I think he was calling the game.. "leodis mckelvin AND stephon gilmore are two of the best in the business"

no doubt leodis is playing very well this year and gilmore has been about average. it is the hardest position to play in the nfl these days, so I guess that makes them two of the best in the league?

Edited by CJallDAY

I'm going to save my judgement for the All-22 because I saw a bunch of guys running wide open underneath and neither Jet QB was taking what was available. Brady would have murdered us in those same situations.

I've been really critical of Gilmore this year but he played well against the Jets this week. What a great performance all round by the defense. McKelvin sure is playing at a Pro-Bowl level. Too bad that he wasn't awarded that interception. We're going to need to continue to build confidence and respect for the Pats game in NE. I've a feeling it's all going to come down to that last game.

I always had a feeling our secondary had an unwarranted bad rep due to the QBs we played early in the season. Brady, Cutler, Stafford. For awhile there we were in the bottom of the league in passing yards allowed. Now that we've faced some easier QBs to even that out though, the secondary has looked solid. We've gone from 26th in passing defense to 13th. We also lead the league in interceptions.

Not bad.

When you can get QB pressure without blitzing, it makes your secondary a lot better. That being said, I do like the play of the secondary. Gilmore, McLovin, Graham, Searcy, Williams, Williams, all have been solid. Aaron Williams mentioned something about miscommunication issues against the Patsie's, didn't like hearing that, but hopefully they worked that out.

Edited by ricojes