Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

By beating the Browns, the Bills are now ahead of the Ravens, Steelers, and Browns for the tiebreaker. None of the teams with which we'll be competing for a spot with have easy schedules either.

Really isn't correct....

Buffalo has h2H tiebreaker on Cleveland.

At the end of the season if Pittsburgh and buffalo are tied Pittsburgh will get it because of better conference record= worse record against NFC. Buffalo is 3-0 now, Pittsburgh 1-2 so buffalo is certain to have better NFC record thus worse AFC record.

With Baltimore...Baltimore went 4-9 against NFC, buffalo is 3-0. If buffalo beats Green Bay and also goes 4-0 then it's common game tiebreaker which Baltimore likely wins. Buffalo went 2-3 while Baltimore is 2-1 with 2 to play. If buffalo lose to Green Bay, then they get the tie breaker with a better conference record, because they have a worse NFC record.

@ESPNNFL: There's a scenario where EIGHT AFC teams could finish 9-7 (via @Grantland33) » http://t.co/E1CMJaTKpJ http://t.co/eRAz7GgGCp

It's very easy....I see Cleveland, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and KC going 9-7.. San Diego could given their tough schedule.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We look good still at 10-6, but this game really hurt our chances of getting a 9-7 gift.

But it is surprising that there are a lot of scenarios that we still get in at 9-7, even though we now need the Dolphins to lose their last twoat home and finish 8-8, or have another couple games go our way to shift the tie breaker.

All that matters now is finding our 8th win in the next two weeks, and preferably this Sunday with the upset.

AFC Team schedules: ( not counting den/KC, Mia/jets)

Buffalo. At Denver, Green Bay, at Oakland , at New England

New England. At San Diego, Miami, at jets, buffalo

Miami Baltimore, At New England, Minnesota, at jets

Cincinnati. Pitt, at cle, den, at Pitt

Baltimore at Miami, jax, at Houston, Cleveland

Pittsburgh. At CIN, at ATL, KC , CIN

Cleveland. Indy, cin, at Carolina, at Balt

Indy. At cle, HOU, at Dallas, at Tennessee

Houston at jax, st Indy, Balt, jax

Denver. Buffalo, at San Diego, at Cincy , Oakland

San Diego. New England, Denver, at SF at KC

Kansas City. At Arizona, Oakland, at Pittsburgh, San Diego

Wow, that is a killer stretch run for the Chargers. I could see them finishing 0-4.

The problem with Denver is that you're never going to "shut them down" no matter how good your defense is. They're beatable if your defense can do a good job at slowing them down AND you have an offense that can keep pace with theirs. I think that's a pretty tall order for the Bills. We've only really scored a lot of points on bad teams and have struggled to run up the score on good teams even when we're dominating the game.

Denver's defense is pretty damn good. We're not going to win that game kicking field goals all day.

Statistically, its even better than ours at 3rd in the NFL...pretty impressive when you think about how much teams have to throw against them because they get behind

in case this wasn't posted

http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/jerry-sullivan/heres-how-bills-make-the-playoffs-20141201?two-bills-drive

OK, so I don’t believe the Bills are a playoff team. That doesn’t mean I’m trying to spoil anyone’s fun. They’re still very much alive. When the dust cleared Sunday night, they were one of five teams tied for the second AFC wild-card spot at 7-5.

Dear Santa. All I want for Christmas is a miracle!!

in case this wasn't posted

http://www.buffalone...two-bills-drive

OK, so I don’t believe the Bills are a playoff team. That doesn’t mean I’m trying to spoil anyone’s fun. They’re still very much alive. When the dust cleared Sunday night, they were one of five teams tied for the second AFC wild-card spot at 7-5.

Without even reading it, I know that has to be Jerry Sullivan. facepalm.gif

Without even reading it, I know that has to be Jerry Sullivan. facepalm.gif

good guess :flirt:

In this weeks edition of who to root for.

The obvious - Buffalo at Denver

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Baltimore at Miami

Indianapolis at Cleveland

Kansas City at Arizona

New England at San Diego - ouch this is a tough one. I want the Putrids to lose just because and the Bills may need help by the Chargers losing.

Using the playoff machine tool and Defense Rankings if you edit the above games as indicated we can have the Chargers win and not hurt the Bills this week. With the above selections the Bills are the 5th seed.

Even with a Bills loss V Denver and the above Defense Rankings criteria for weeks 15, 16 and 17 the Bills could be seeded 6th.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

In this weeks edition of who to root for.

The obvious - Buffalo at Denver

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati

Baltimore at Miami

Indianapolis at Cleveland

Kansas City at Arizona

New England at San Diego - ouch this is a tough one. I want the Putrids to lose just because and the Bills may need help by the Chargers losing.

Using the playoff machine tool and Defense Rankings if you edit the above games as indicated we can have the Chargers win and not hurt the Bills this week. With the above selections the Bills are the 5th seed.

Even with a Bills loss V Denver and the above Defense Rankings criteria for weeks 15, 16 and 17 the Bills could be seeded 6th.

A SD loss is better for the Bills in the Wild Card chase.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

A SD loss is better for the Bills in the Wild Card chase.

In this miracle / Utopian world scenario it won't matter. The Bills make the playoffs.

My other Utopian goal is to have the Putrids at least split 2 of 4 and miss the playoffs

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I didn't see the game, but from what I heard

The NYETS ran the ball for 3 QTRS, had the lead and then start passing only to have Gino get intercepted and lose :doh::bag:

Uh...that's KINDA true.

More like: they tried like hell for 3.5 quarters to win while keeping the ball out of his hands. Then, at the end, he showed us all why.

Uh...that's KINDA true.

More like: they tried like hell for 3.5 quarters to win while keeping the ball out of his hands. Then, at the end, he showed us all why.

Yep. This is exactly it. I don't feel sorry for Eugene, but my God ... the Jets publicly showed the entire NFL fanbase exactly what they think of him ... and it's not much.

Uh...that's KINDA true.

Yep. This is exactly it. I don't feel sorry for Eugene, but my God ... the Jets publicly showed the entire NFL fanbase exactly what they think of him ... and it's not much.

For whatever it's worth, I thought the Jets dialed up the perfect game plan for this game. They had this one in the grasp and they let it slip away.