Geno's passer rating was 0.0...

YoloinOhio

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That system has always been flawed......Geno wasn't that good.

I've been working on a rating system myself that's not bound by a high or low in it's calculations, but as a final step normalizes ratings on a 0-100 scale.

By that algorithm, Geno was so bad today he would have raised everyone else's rating.

Frankly, I was just glad he sucked so bad so we could beat the snot out of the dog-killing convict.

While I agree, I was very concerned after that first drive that he might turn out to be the hero. That would have sucked! However, the Bills win and I'm petting my golden retriever and all is well. I was hoping Geno would be just bad enough to lose, but good enough to stay in the game..... so we could win.

I've been working on a rating system myself that's not bound by a high or low in it's calculations, but as a final step normalizes ratings on a 0-100 scale.

By that algorithm, Geno was so bad today he would have raised everyone else's rating.

Do you mean EJ would have looked good?

(Anything looked good in comparison to what we saw today!)

I'm pretty sure Vick didn't actually know the playbook so there's that issue still.

Yep that's embarrassing how does he not know the plays? It seems like he just doesn't care. Like he doesn't want to be there. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired at the end of the year. Doesn't seem like his head out his heart are in it

vick at least looked better running the ball, but at this point, what good does it do them? Crazy situation up there.

Exactly. They're stuck. 1-7, Geno was so awful I can't see him getting a start again until maybe Game 15-16 (even JaMarcus Russell go a couple mercy starts like that). They thought they'd be competitive so they went with the veteran Vick as the backup -- there's no other developmental QB around, and playing Vick would make zero sense other than to try to save Rex's reputation (a little). Matt Simms? Really, that's where they're at, which is no different than when Chris Simms actually got a start in Denver over ... Kyle Orton. Chris Simms immediately took a big hit and sprained his ankle, effectively ending his season and career. The Jets are a godawful mess.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

imo they gave him the hook too early. The first pick was on the coaching staff for trying to force the ball deep to Harvin early. Guy doesnt know the offense and as Michael Irvin aptly pointed out "he's a running back playing WR" ... deep routes aren't his thing. The other 2 were on Geno, which isnt great but doesnt get your starter yanked that early. That and Vick being completely washed up, meant you keep Geno in the game