(OT) How bad is it.....if you are going to a.....

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a 2 page resume (assuming you've been out of school for a while). By the time you reach a certain point in your career, it is practically expected.

I find that as long as you are more concise with the older or less relevant experience, you don't need to worry about the length.

all of your resume on one page?  I know it's supposed to be on one page.  However, if you have work experience that is relative to the job and can't fit it on one page, can your resume be two pages???

224142[/snapback]

I had mine at 2 full pages, but forced myself to cut it to one.

Got a call back already, so I know it didn't hurt.

I wouldn't sweat it if it's two. Make sure it's all relavant though.

Stoj, and everyone.....thanks for replying......

Here's the deal......I got the interview.......during the application process, you weren't allowed to send in a resume.....which I'm finding out is starting to be pretty standard nowadays. Now, I don't want to do anything wrong, or unorthodox.....out of 89 applicants for this job, they are only interviewing 7. I'm one of them.

But, I am being told by everyone, that you take your resume with you, and give everyone on the panel your resume. There will be 5 people on the panel.

So, this is a good sports related job....that I really want.....and I have work experience from way back when that relates. But there's no way I can get it on one page.

That's why I wanted to know. Any futher thoughts from you guys. This job is probably once in a lifetime chance. I'm really nervous, and just want any ideas I can get!

CVA

Stoj, and everyone.....thanks for replying......

Here's the deal......I got the interview.......during the application process, you weren't allowed to send in a resume.....which I'm finding out is starting to be pretty standard nowadays.  Now, I don't want to do anything wrong, or unorthodox.....out of 89 applicants for this job, they are only interviewing 7.  I'm one of them.

But, I am being told by everyone, that you take your resume with you, and give everyone on the panel your resume.  There will be 5 people on the panel.

So, this is a good sports related job....that I really want.....and I have work experience from way back when that relates.  But there's no way I can get it on one page.

That's why I wanted to know.  Any futher thoughts from you guys.  This job is probably once in a lifetime chance.  I'm really nervous, and just want any ideas I can get!

CVA

224278[/snapback]

I really think the key to a good resume is:

Make sure it flows well- AKA Easy for them to read

Make sure that when they ask about your experience you are able to provide information that is clear and easy for them to understand

So if you need 2 pages to do that, do it.