CFB Week 9 - Hackenberg in prime time

YoloinOhio

OSU at Penn State 8pm, ESPN

Penn state is treating this game like the National Championship. One of the few college venues that can pack 100k plus and they are doing a white out. Hack has struggled this season in franklin's offensive scheme. This is a huge game for him to show if he can compete against a defense that smacked him around in Columbus last year, and wasn't even very good.

Despite his poor stats this year, Hackenberg is projected as a very legit nfl QB prospect and with Pegula's penn state ties I would keep an eye on this kid. Eligible in 2016.

Only other decent games are MSU v Michigan (may not be a good game but Connor Cook and Devin Funchess are 2015 prospects) and ole miss at LSU, potential upset.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Is Hackenberg on BB's list of QBs?

i don't know... He is on a lot of people's lists though. Psu hasn't really played a good team yet. He suffers from a tragic OL and lack of weapons due to their reduced scholarships. This is a good test for him especially considering OSU has a tendency to make any QB with a good arm look great even with middling WRs. That did not happen last year, even with Bill OBrien at the helm and an O much better suited for him... but this is at Psu so it's his chance to shine on a national stage.

Is Hackenberg on BB's list of QBs?

Hackenberg is probably on everyone's list of QBs. The kid has #1 overall talent, and looks the part too. If he can learn to eliminate some of his decision making mistakes...I think he is a sure-fire first rounder.

i don't know... He is on a lot of people's lists though. Psu hasn't really played a good team yet. He suffers from a tragic OL and lack of weapons due to their reduced scholarships. This is a good test for him especially considering OSU has a tendency to make any QB with a good arm look great even with middling WRs. That did not happen last year, even with Bill OBrien at the helm and an O much better suited for him... but this is at Psu so it's his chance to shine on a national stage.

I wouldnt say he suffers from a lack of weapons. That WR corp is pretty good. Young (bunch of true Freshman and a Sophomre), but they are good. Good TE's too (James especially - guy will be in the NFL, probably a late round pick though). RB is a weak spot, but that is mostly due (again) to the line. Lynch and Belton were good last year, but are getting tore up behind that abysmal line.

If MIles Diffenbach comes back (SR Guard who has been injured all year, but may play tonight), that should help a TON. The left side of the line should be "average" at that point.

he has a bad OL, but... He either could not or would not throw it deep on this OSU secondary which infamously has major issues in coverage. Bad sign.

On several occasions he was afraid to step into throws. He showed spotty intermediate accuracy and questionable decision making. He's Meh.

OSU at Penn State 8pm, ESPN

Penn state is treating this game like the National Championship. One of the few college venues that can pack 100k plus and they are doing a white out. Hack has struggled this season in franklin's offensive scheme. This is a huge game for him to show if he can compete against a defense that smacked him around in Columbus last year, and wasn't even very good.

Despite his poor stats this year, Hackenberg is projected as a very legit nfl QB prospect and with Pegula's penn state ties I would keep an eye on this kid. Eligible in 2016.

Only other decent games are MSU v Michigan (may not be a good game but Connor Cook and Devin Funchess are 2015 prospects) and ole miss at LSU, potential upset.

couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

How did the refs not have access to proper video feed?! that first int was not (watching game on DVR now)

Connor Cook just A) trucked a Michigan safety, and B) successfully goaded him into an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. That's a pro move.

That's my boy (didn't tape this game with work today, only have time to watch two games and I have seen Cook a lot)

I am really disappointed you haven't read my sig :angry:^_^

Hackenberg is probably on everyone's list of QBs. The kid has #1 overall talent, and looks the part too. If he can learn to eliminate some of his decision making mistakes...I think he is a sure-fire first rounder.

I wouldnt say he suffers from a lack of weapons. That WR corp is pretty good. Young (bunch of true Freshman and a Sophomre), but they are good. Good TE's too (James especially - guy will be in the NFL, probably a late round pick though). RB is a weak spot, but that is mostly due (again) to the line. Lynch and Belton were good last year, but are getting tore up behind that abysmal line.

If MIles Diffenbach comes back (SR Guard who has been injured all year, but may play tonight), that should help a TON. The left side of the line should be "average" at that point.

a very inexperienced line and a non-pro system doesn't help.

I really like Hauearman from THE Ohio State Univ.

I'm going to have to go back and watch that play where the player got beat.

He is .71 Skeltons. Very good prospect.

i'm thinking more like 8.2 :P

couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:

How did the refs not have access to proper video feed?! that first int was not (watching game on DVR now)

That's my boy (didn't tape this game with work today, only have time to watch two games and I have seen Cook a lot)

I am really disappointed you haven't read my sig :angry:^_^

a very inexperienced line and a non-pro system doesn't help.

i'm thinking more like 8.2 :P

i have no idea how they didn't have the right video feed on that Int. What other play was there to review? Maybe the single worst call I've ever seen upheld after review.

Would love it, can he come out this year ?

nope. He's a true sophomore. One more year. He is double and triple teamed on every play. 6'7 287 and I think he'll be Mario's size when drafted. He can add weight.