Are all the English majors that failed to find work posting here?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You started a sentence with 'And'???? Common man, your a maroon, irregardless of what others might say

I find this good golly I finally get a chance to use my worthless education by correcting grammar and spelling on a internet forum irritating. And such glee they show at finding a mistake! You used your! Its you're! Who the hell cares? I understood the post fine.

it depends. If you know the differenve between your and you're but type the former when it should be the latter because you type too fast or don't proofread that's not a biggie (I fall into that category all the time). But if you do it constantly (too vs to is another one) you come across as not very intelligent. I almost never become the grammar Nazi (unless it's perfect Tom of course) but it does make me cringe and I hate it when I do it. I probably did it here a couple of times in this post.

idiot

it depends. If you know the differenve between your and you're but type the former when it should be the latter because you type too fast or don't proofread that's not a biggie (I fall into that category all the time). But if you do it constantly (too vs to is another one) you come across as not very intelligent. I almost never become the grammar Nazi (unless it's perfect Tom of course) but it does make me cringe and I hate it when I do it. I probably did it here a couple of times in this post.

hahahahaha....you have an excuse, you are probably all hopped up on goofballs

I was going to say that but it's not true. It's true that I am hopped up but not the reason for the error. I just really suck at proofreading. If I have an important email to send I have my wordsmith wife review it first. LOL

Edited by Chef Jim

I find this good golly I finally get a chance to use my worthless education by correcting grammar and spelling on a internet forum irritating. And such glee they show at finding a mistake! You used your! Its you're! Who the hell cares? I understood the post fine.

Some of us find functional illiteracy irritating, and try to correct it. Don't like it? Then don't read it, fool.

I won't bother correcting the copious mistakes in your post that made it difficult to read, since you'd clearly rather be a drooling dunce.