Your favorite/most memorable Super Bowl??

Like A Mofo

My first thought is Titans/Rams.  It was great seeing them lose by 1 yard after that crap that happened to us.

223960[/snapback]

If Flutie had played, that crap woulda never happened.

And I know Flutie wasn't on special teams, what I mean is, it never would have been that close.

If Flutie had played, that crap woulda never happened.

And I know Flutie wasn't on special teams, what I mean is, it never would have been that close.

224217[/snapback]

Yeh, we know that because he played so well on the road that year against formidable defenses.

Seattle...ugghhh, never mind, their defense stunk but we still got destroyed

Baltimore....ugghhh, thank God for Tony Banks we won that game.

Indy opening day....ughhh - and their defense stunk but we still got destroyed

Miami - the only decent team we beat away from home, thanks to Marino being washed up and a ton of turnovers by our D.

And the Giants home game when NY was missing their entire starting secondary and Midget produced nothing against a lousy team and lost a late-season game....that was impressive too.

Note: I'm not defending RJ. There is just NOTHING the Midget did to indicate we would've been ahead by 2 scores with a minute left against the best team in the AFC on the road. NOTHING

This is my last post on this subject.

I think the recent Super Bowls of the late 90s and on have been much better games than in the past, but my personal favorite was the Niners-Bengals, with Montana and Rice winning it on that last back-breaking drive, as Boomer was even doing his Disney World speech.

224202[/snapback]

Actually it was Montana to John Taylor for the winning score. But i agree, it was one of the better SB's.

Wasn't that the SB the Steelers SHOULDN'T have gone to? Seriously, very late in the AFC Championship vs. Houston, Pastorini threw a TD pass to -I think- Renfro- who clearly caught it at the back of the endzone for a score. The ref didn't see it and ruled him out of bounds and there was NO REPLAY! A horrible error kept forever and sent the Steelers UNDESERVEDLY back to the bowl..

fuggin refs! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

224049[/snapback]

No. They won the AFC Championship game in terrible weather over the Oilers by the score of 34-5. You're alluding to the game the following season. Mike Renfro's catch would have tied the game. The Steelers went on to beat the Rams.

Interestingly, the Oilers won their first round playoff game without Pastorini or Campbell in the lineup.