Tom Reed's "debate" with Martha Hilariously Ironic

Look, I know this race is hardly interesting as Reed"R"(EDIT: Protip = you can't put R in parenthisis or you get the R for registered trademark :lol:) is likely to wipe the floor with this lady, but, I watched.

.....for 5 minutes, because of these 2 quotes by Martha

1. "I'm not a scientist, therefore I don't know anything about fracking" followed 1 sentence later by "I could debate fracking all day." :lol: :lol:(Btw, I'm considering this as a new sig. What do you think? Something along the lines of "Democrat Party's Position on Fracking, Explained by Martha Robertson: ...." :lol:)

2. "Tom Reed is part of the war on women" Reed: "I have 8 older sisters and a single mom, and you're saying I don't care about women?" :lol:

This poor lady looked like an utter moron. She kept telling these stories to nowhere...about what her dad did for a job leading to...non sequitor, because I'm still not sure how any of that ties into spending or taxes, or anything other than a seemingly pleasant old lady rememembering her father. Then, there was the time when "everybody was suing everybody". Boy, what a fine chestnut of a story that was. :wacko: I feel sorry for Ithaca, if this is the best they have to offer. I stopped watching after that story, and I didn't watch from the beginning, because I expected as much from this. However, I thought the 2 quotes were worth posting, for humor's sake alone. :)

When the phrase "war on women" left her lips, the entire crowd laughed, loudly, for about 2 seconds. And, that's important to me, as it proves not everybody is this country is so naive as to fall for such an obvious political canard.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Here's a story on the 'race' that OC is referring to.........(my district).................video included

Debate crowd loudly laughs at “War Against Women” charge by female Dem challenger (#NY23)

Democrat Martha Robertson has had so many self-inflicted troubles in her campaign against incumbent Republican Tom Reed in NY-23, it’s hard to catalog them all.

Robertson has been written off by the DCCC and every major nonpartison national analyst, a long comedown from the heady days when she was considered a prime “Red to Blue” prospect to flip a Republican seat.

When a candidate loses credibility, it’s hard to regain.

At the candidate debate tonight, that lost credibility was evidenced when Robertson accused Reed of being part of the War Against Women. She actually used the phrase “you’re part of the War against Women.”

The crowd laughed so hard, Robertson had to ask for more time.

I actually got to meet Martha, she came seeking support to our local (always well-attended) Garlic Festival a few weeks back. She was (shall we say) not very impressive.

Here's a story on the 'race' that OC is referring to.........(my district).................video included

I actually got to meet Martha, she came seeking support to our local (always well-attended) Garlic Festival a few weeks back. She was (shall we say) not very impressive.

I'm currently sorta stuck in your district due to my mom, so I got to watch the thing "live" = lucky me. :rolleyes:. Being stuck here is a long story full of pretense and BS, predicated on me being unable to say no to my mother. Apparently it also involves a high level of match-making amongst my mother and her friends....which will FAIL. But suffice it to say, I will remain stuck here until the spring. Christ, the Bills game isn't even on all the time. WTF is that? At least we can watch the Sabres.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Reed: "I have 8 older sisters and a single mom, and you're saying I don't care about women?"

So none of the Taliban who would rather blowup schools than see women educated ever had a mother, sister, wife or daughter? Pimps, rapists , misogynists all arise through abiogenesis? I don't know Reed but that appeal is meaningless to anyone who can think critically, what matters is the legislation he did or did not support.

Reed: "I have 8 older sisters and a single mom, and you're saying I don't care about women?"

So none of the Taliban who would rather blowup schools than see women educated ever had a mother, sister, wife or daughter? Pimps, rapists , misogynists all arise through abiogenesis? I don't know Reed but that appeal is meaningless to anyone who can think critically, what matters is the legislation he did or did not support.

Watch the video. This is the reason why TV overtook print news. There was no mistaking what he was saying, or the look in his eyes. In fact, IIRC he said something about anyone discriminating against women going to jail, or being fined.

There was no mistaking his response, and, if this was a wrestling match, that was a near-fall take down = 4 pts....in one sentence.

That you have to use yet another logical fallacy = arguing to the extreme, to make your point, tells us all we need to know.

And, btw, which party's foreign policy agenda for the last 10 years has been coddling the people involved in the only REAL war on women on this planet? Which party's president bowed deeply to perhaps one of the biggest perpatrators of that war?

It's hilarious that you would bring up the Taliban, and Islam in general, when you and your party have been telling the rest of us that we should be tolerant :lol: of this ridiculous cult, and culture of violence....as yet another person is beheaded, and yet more women have their clitorises removed.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Nice comparison, retard. Gatorman called. He said you can have the dunce cap for today. He's done trying to eat it.

So Taliban have mothers, wives and sisters. Obama had a mother, has a wife, and two daughters

So by your logic, does Obama = Taliban :rolleyes:

Edited by /dev/null

If Reed had four brothers and was raised by a single dad would that mean he didn't care about women? his family configuration means zero it's his voting record that counts .

So he voted his approval to bomb women?

So Taliban have mothers, wives and sisters. Obama had a mother, has a wife, and two daughters

So by your logic, does Obama = Taliban :rolleyes:

Side point really, but where does the word Taliban come from? I used to think it was the hat but that might not be right.

Nice comparison, retard. Gatorman called. He said you can have the dunce cap for today. He's done trying to eat it.

You would want to know who had your cap, wouldn't you? Gosh, someone calls out a Republican and your knee jerk reaction is to toss out insults. But you are non-partisan, I know! :lol:

Go finish your excrement sandwich

At least we can watch the Sabres.

Ugh!! That's tough! I watched first period before bed

http://newny23rd.com...s-rep-tom-reed/

Probably what she was referring to

From your link:

•  

• To Eliminate Health Care for Low Income Women by completely defunding Title X Family Planning Program which provides life saving, preventive care to millions of women each year and saves taxpayers money. (February 19, 2011, Final Passage of FY11 C.R., Roll Call vote 147)

That's something the Nazis would do.

You would want to know who had your cap, wouldn't you? Gosh, someone calls out a Republican and your knee jerk reaction is to toss out insults. But you are non-partisan, I know! :lol:

Go finish your excrement sandwich

Don't be too hard on Darin, he's named after that tool on Bewitched and he's from Alaska which is not a place of great thinkers.

Ugh!! That's tough! I watched first period before bed

From your link:

•  

• To Eliminate Health Care for Low Income Women by completely defunding Title X Family Planning Program which provides life saving, preventive care to millions of women each year and saves taxpayers money. (February 19, 2011, Final Passage of FY11 C.R., Roll Call vote 147)

That's something the Nazis would do.

Yes, that's exactly what the opposition to Title X funding is. Idiot.

Away from the 'squirrels' and back to the thread

This NY Daily News analysis, showing Democrats struggling in upstate NY, cannot be good news for Robertson:

One year ago, Republicans had just shut down the government, and Democrats declared they might win back the House, in part by picking up Republican-held seats in New York.

A year later, Democratic hopes of gaining up to three seats in New York are gone. They are more likely to lose three, and hope simply to break even.

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Rep. of Long Island calls New York a “microcosm” for the rest of the country.

New York is proving Steve Israel right, as Democrats’ defensive posture in the Empire State mirrors a national political landscape where President Obama’s unpopularity leaves his party hoping to simply limit Republican gains.

“If Democrats are ever going to win back the House, they need to pick up seats in upstate New York,” said David Wasserman, who analyzes House races for the Cook Political Report.

That isn’t happening this year.

As to NY-23, The Daily News says Robertson’s chances have collapsed:

Democratic hopes of challenging Republican incumbents like
Reps. Chris Gibson or
Tom Reed
in districts Obama won or nearly won have collapsed, while Democratic incumbents have been unable to shrug off GOP challengers.

While it’s a tough national environment, Robertson deserves much of the blame.

The line was laughable not just for the contrived way in which it was delivered, but also because it made no sense to anyone with local knowledge of Tom Reed. He is the epitome of someone who does not wage a war against women. He is known to be respectful and thoughtful both in his demeanor and consideration of legislation.

Robertson, once again, obviously was just reading from a playbook, but using it against the wrong person.

The “War Against Women” attack was a major blunder according the post-debate this analysis on the TV station that ran the debate

In the aftermath of that embarrassing moment for Robertson, her supporters are claiming the crowd's laughter itself was misogynistic and sexist:

Deb Meeker @solodm2 Follow #NY23, @RepTomReed,@MarthaforNY,

So,TR's "fans" were jeering a woman candidate, while laughing at the idea of Reed's disrespect for women?

10:11 AM - 24 Oct 2014

Good luck with that.

And yet I suppose 'anyone who can think critically' is greatly influenced by the deeply philosophical "He's part of the War on Women!!" argument. Good Lord are you a moron.