(OT) Another Dog Question

stevestojan

Remember:  if it's available at your local grocery story pet aisle, you don't want to feed it to your dog.

224029[/snapback]

Great Quote AD most folks dont consider this when they have a pet. We were doing this raw meat thing for one of ours when she developed cancer since bladder cancer in dogs is fed by carbs. We only used ground turkey from the grocery if we ran out and the store that carried was out. The raw meat includes the bones and fat and is actually very good for cleaner teeth and breath. Plus reduced stool is great for cleanup since it pretty much disentegrates after a day in the sun.

And by the way...brushing makes a noticeable difference with my cats.  Not exactly comparable, since cats are more self-grooming and therefore ingest a decent amount of fur.  But the simple act of removing the dead hair from an animal on a daily basis rather than having it fall off when it wants does help.

224030[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Yep.

Wife and me have four...original 1989 cat, one stray plucked from a snow bank in '91, and my late Mom's two.

64 claws plus dew's to clip per week or so! Daily brushing means a lot - and we try with the commercial mineral oil based hairball goo - not a favorite, but have some success with 2 pieces of cooked bacon per week divided among the four of them. In the winter low-humidity season, the Hartz lanolin product helps.

Great Quote AD most folks dont consider this when they have a pet.  We were doing this raw meat thing for one of ours when she developed cancer since bladder cancer in dogs is fed by carbs.  We only used ground turkey from the grocery if we ran out and the store that carried was out.  The raw meat includes the bones and fat and is actually very good for cleaner teeth and breath. Plus reduced stool is great for cleanup since it pretty much disentegrates after a day in the sun.

224039[/snapback]

If we ever move out of Alaska, we'll probably do the same thing. It's pretty cost prohibitive to do that here.