Shots fired in Candian Parliament

Deranged Rhino

Here's a good live twitter feed of the events. Lots of rumor and speculation, but it sounds as if this was a well organized attack with multiple gunmen.

https://twitter.com/crimegarden

Here's a link to CBC's live coverage:

http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/ID/2396780283/

To all our Canadian friends, please stay safe.

This is crazy. People don't realize the unrest in Canada right now.

I absolutely love that the Cannucks are asking people not to post pictures and maps to allow shooters info, yet CNN and others are tweeting lots of pictures and maps.

EDIT: Wednesday in Canadian Gov is where all politicians must show up in the Capitol. It has some name, they just said it on the news.

Edited by jboyst62

This is crazy. People don't realize the unrest in Canada right now.

I absolutely love that the Cannucks are asking people not to post pictures and maps to allow shooters info, yet CNN and others are tweeting lots of pictures and maps.

EDIT: Wednesday in Canadian Gov is where all politicians must show up in the Capitol. It has some name, they just said it on the news.

What are you talking about?

Sad news! It's ironic that whenever I drive to Canada, Canada Customs usually asks if i have any firearms? I don't, but apparently some got through.

I told the story here how a few Christmas' ago, they let us (wife and two children) into Ontario without passports or asking for a shred of ID. I wasn't sure what the deal was with regs/laws so I went to Duty Free by the Rainbow Bridge to inquire. Bad thing is, you gotta cross the border once you pull into the DF lot (spikes going the other way)... Okay, so we go and cross the border... Canadian Customs (older lady that looked like she didn't play) officer says: "Where you from, where you going?" Just like the old days... We say: "Illinois, going to spend the day @ The Falls." She says: "Fine, have a nice day."

Now... The only problem was getting back home to the states. We cross back into NYS after about 8 hours and the US Customs officer asks for all of our passports. We say: "They are @ home in Illinois, but we have ID... Even for the children." Boy did he go ballistic and read us the riot act. I said that Canadian Customs just let us in like the old days... I wasn't sure what the new regs/laws were. I felt like getting smart and say: "What we can't come back into our own country?" But... My superior discretion got the best of me! ;-) ;-) Should I say, he wasn't a happy camper.

That said, all my prayers to Canada.

I thought Canadian bad guys just tied women to railroad tracks

They do. What's your point Dudley? :-P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Fill me in. What's the logic. I haven't been following what's going on up there. Is there really a bunch of civil unrest? Why? Is it what Boyst was talking about?

Monday a suspect drove his car into two soldiers, killing one. The attack today started with a uniformed soldier being shot while guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. I think it's just precaution for now.

Monday a suspect drove his car into two soldiers, killing one. The attack today started with a uniformed soldier being shot while guarding the tomb of the unknown soldier. I think it's just precaution for now.

Why is there animosity towards the military? Is it what Boyst mentioned? Allying against ISIS. I mean really... How can people/countries NOT stand up against ISIS?

As someone who wears a military uniform daily here in the US, I'm starting to wonder if I should remove mine when I leave work. Scary it's coming to this