Awful-fensive Line . Is it Players or Schemes?

rfk

I meant to say Ofal-fensive but seriously folks are these rooks being asked to follow difficult schemes or are they really 1400 pounds of jello with the Jet's front 7 just salivating like schizoid pit bulls.

Do they zone or man to man block? Does it matter?

Orten is toast next Sunday.

It's the players, hands down. No scheme on earth is gonna make our OL able to consistently win the battles they are currently losing. You can do things to minimize their exposure, like Gailey did. But you can't hide lack of talent very long.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it is a combination of several factors.

The quality of players is not great, but teams have been able to get decent play out of less than great OL in the past.

The coaching is questionable. The Head coach, OC and OL coach are all in over their heads in the NFL, in my opinion. I think a better position coach would have them better prepared technique-wise to handle stunts and such and would have them better disciplined to avoid stupid penalties. A better OC and Head coach would have schemes and plays designed to take advantage of the things our players do well and mask the things we don't.