Family Bills/Steelers bet.

Sojourner

So back in June my wife and I had a little girl which makes our family total up to four. My wife relatives are all Western PA / Steeler Country born or raised and are entrenched in the Steeler way of life... Needless to say our first born has had the Steelers pushed onto him and now roots for them come Sunday.

Seeing as I am sick of the fact I have to see my little girl in Steelers baby gear (occasionally, if I get my say in dressing her it is Bills baby gear) we, well I rather, have come to the conclusion that only a bet can sort this one out...

Whichever team finishes with the better record after week 17 will be the only team she can wear gear of, plus we make the attempt of weaning her to root for them down the road.

Do you think our daughters chances favor to the Steelers or our beloved Bills?

Go Bills!

Why is this even up for debate? You are the Father. If your wife wants to decide what vitamins they take, or what preschool they attend, that is her call. :D

Seriously, I hope you win your bet (obviously). My wife was a Steelers fan when we met. Not a really avid fan, but she owned a Roethlisberger jersey and went to a Steelers bar with her friends frequently. That lasted for about one football season at the very beginning of our relationship, and then I converted her to the dark side :devil:

Why is this even up for debate? You are the Father. If your wife wants to decide what vitamins they take, or what preschool they attend, that is her call. :D

Seriously, I hope you win your bet (obviously). My wife was a Steelers fan when we met. Not a really avid fan, but she owned a Roethlisberger jersey and went to a Steelers bar with her friends frequently. That lasted for about one football season at the very beginning of our relationship, and then I converted her to the dark side :devil:

It is more a case of a visual reminder come Sundays that maybe for just one season after so many years we finally got somewhere and weren't as disappointing as has been accustomed.

No chance of converting the wife I am afraid. I have tried, to no avail, since we first met; 9 years ago. Our team just hasn't done enough in over a decade and a half for me to be able to change her any time soon. Usually the conversation draws a halt after "Do you really want our daughter to be ridiculed when she grows up?!?!". I am sure you are well aware Steeler fans (in fact most) can be brutal to opposing teams' supporters - casual or fanatic.

I do thank you Hammer for sharing the optimism and proof that it can be done. :lol: