(OT) Found my old NINTENDO system.

PIZ

I wanted to get it working for my kids. The XBOX is a little advanced for them. I have probably about 30 NINTENDO games that I loved when I was a kid. I hooked the system up and all the TV screen does is blink. Can this be fixed? Any suggestions? I think my favorite games were Double Dribble and Contra.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try blowing into the cartridge and the cartridge slot.

Sounds corny, but I know that's what I always used to do. Blow, put game in, if it still doesn't work, try it again until it does work.

Either that or download a Nintendo emulator and play the games on your PC. :lol: (that's what I did this weekend, except with Commodore 64 games)

CW

I have a friend from H.S. who lives far away who I only see a couple times a year; and we hook up the old NES about once per year.

Mike Tyson's punch-out and Ice Hockey are just incredible games. In fact, I had always heard of people beating Tyson and just assumed they were all lying. I never saw it with my own 2 eyes until a couple of years ago - about 15 years after I stopped playing the game. It wasn't quite the Bills winning the SB, but a thrill I never expected to see in my lifetime nevertheless.

Ice Hockey was a fine art as well. Picking the right mix of fat/skinny/medium guys required a high level of expertise.

And yes, I'm 24 years old in case you were wondering.

I have a friend from H.S. who lives far away who I only see a couple times a year; and we hook up the old NES about once per year. 

Mike Tyson's punch-out and Ice Hockey are just incredible games.  In fact, I had always heard of people beating Tyson and just assumed they were all lying.  I never saw it with my own 2 eyes until a couple of years ago - about 15 years after I stopped playing the game.  It wasn't quite the Bills winning the SB, but a thrill I never expected to see in my lifetime nevertheless. 

Ice Hockey was a fine art as well.  Picking the right mix of fat/skinny/medium guys required a high level of expertise.

223743[/snapback]

Oh, man, I loved Mike Tyson's PUNCH OUT. Neve could beat him though. These games are great. Sucks I can't play them.

Mike Tyson's punch-out and Ice Hockey are just incredible games.  In fact, I had always heard of people beating Tyson and just assumed they were all lying.  I never saw it with my own 2 eyes until a couple of years ago - about 15 years after I stopped playing the game.  It wasn't quite the Bills winning the SB, but a thrill I never expected to see in my lifetime nevertheless. 

Ice Hockey was a fine art as well.  Picking the right mix of fat/skinny/medium guys required a high level of expertise.

223743[/snapback]

Beating Tyson was pretty much luck because unlike all the other boxers, he only had one discernible pattern. Most of his punches were thrown randomly. Even the very best players couldn't beat Tyson every time out because of this.

Beating Tyson was pretty much luck because unlike all the other boxers, he only had one discernible pattern.  Most of his punches were thrown randomly.  Even the very best players couldn't beat Tyson every time out because of this.

223752[/snapback]

Interesting, I never realized that. I thought he had some sort of twitch before his punches; but it was just a lot more subtle than the other boxers.

I always found Macho Man a pain in the @ss too; I think I only beat him once or twice.

Interesting, I never realized that.  I thought he had some sort of twitch before his punches; but it was just a lot more subtle than the other boxers.

I always found Macho Man a pain in the @ss too; I think I only beat him once or twice.

223764[/snapback]

He did, his eyes twitched right before he went in to his left/right swings.

3 words...

Techmo Super Bowl

i used to run wild with RB#34, get into the open and zig zag up the field to score...and you cant beat the endzone to endzone bomb where the ball would go out of the screen..

223773[/snapback]

That was a sweet game simply b/c it has real stats and real players. And who could stop Bo or LT. One of the best games ever.

3 words...

Techmo Super Bowl

i used to run wild with RB#34, get into the open and zig zag up the field to score...and you cant beat the endzone to endzone bomb where the ball would go out of the screen..

223773[/snapback]

Ice Hockey was the absolute best. I loved how you knew who got the penalty for the fight by watching which team had a guy thrown from the melee first.

Oh, and Kung Fu was awesome too.

I wanted to get it working for my kids. The XBOX is a little advanced for them.

UM just so you know I recieved an XBOX from my mother in law for X-Mas, and it is too advanced for me as well, and I am 41!!!. Hadn't played video games in a long time and they seemed to have a quantam leap in the intelligence needed to play( especially Halo2) that I just cannot grasp. However, I am trying diligently!

I wanted to get it working for my kids.  The XBOX is a little advanced for them.  I have probably about 30 NINTENDO games that I loved when I was a kid.  I hooked the system up and all the TV screen does is blink.  Can this be fixed?  Any suggestions?  I think my favorite games were Double Dribble and Contra.

223735[/snapback]

up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, start.

Ice Hockey was the absolute best. I loved how you knew who got the penalty for the fight by watching which team had a guy thrown from the melee first.

Oh, and Kung Fu was awesome too.

223779[/snapback]

To this day, Nintendo Ice Hockey is still one of the best, if not the best, game to play versus someone else...an absolute classic!!

Another thing about Punch-Out...

Remember that Russian guy "Soda Popinsky"? He was always drinking "soda" in between rounds? Although I was too young to realize it at the time, what a hilarious character that was.

I guess the conservative climate of the Cold War made it ok to be non-PC.

great game. For some reason Jerry Ball on the lions was the best defensive player in the league. You could get a sack almost every play.

223801[/snapback]

I remember Bruce Smith being pretty dang good. But I could get a sack on each play with the nose guard. Jeff Wright rocked it up for me!