MNF: Texans at Steelers - 8:30 EDT on ESPN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again I ask......how did we lose to this Houston team???

Best QB on the field usually wins. EJ played arguably his worst game as a pro, that ultimately was the difference.

...Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic about the Jests game this weekend. If that adage holds true, and Orton is (presently at least) the better QB than Geno, then the Bills have more than a shot.

Again I ask......how did we lose to this Houston team???

Boggles the mind!

Best QB on the field usually wins. EJ played arguably his worst game as a pro, that ultimately was the difference.

...Which is why I'm cautiously optimistic about the Jests game this weekend. If that adage holds true, and Orton is (presently at least) the better QB than Geno, then the Bills have more than a shot.

For the most part, yes. but we could have ran the ball down that team's throats way better. I mean if EJ is worse than Fitzy why did we turn it into a game where EJ was forced to throw 40+ times?!

Let's also not forget the totally suspect and BS no call of PI/Illegal Contact during the attempt to Woody that sealed the deal...

Edited by Smooth

Boggles the mind!

For the most part, yes. but we could have ran the ball down this teams throats way more better. I mean if EJ is worse than Fitzy why did we turn it into a game where EJ was forced to throw 40+ times?!

Let's also not forget the totally suspect and BS no call of PI/Illegal Contact during the attempt to Woody that sealed the deal...

It's not all on EJ of course. It's never all on one guy in football, which is what makes the game so great. But, in hindsight, it was all on EJ that day. He cost us. :beer:

It's not all on EJ of course. It's never all on one guy in football, which is what makes the game so great. But, in hindsight, it was all on EJ that day. He cost us. :beer:

I pin it on the shoulders of both poor play calling and poor/mediocre QB play. Second last drive, when the 1st down made it 2nd & 6 and down by only one score with nearly 5 minutes on the clock we throw on consecutive downs then punt. Follow that up with our final drive when there was 1:20 left on the clock, with it stopped at roughly mid-field and we try and get it all in 2-3 plays instead of keeping them honest by running the ball.

Edited by Smooth

I pin it on the shoulders of both poor play calling and poor/mediocre QB play. Second last drive, when the 1st down made it 2nd & 6 and down by only one score with nearly 5 minutes on the clock we throw on consecutive downs then punt. Follow that up with our final drive when there was 1:20 left on the clock, with it stopped at roughly mid-field and we try and get it all in 2-3 plays instead of keeping them honest by running the ball.

You're definitely not wrong.