How many plays does Harvin get on the field Sunday?

The longer week for the Jests might allow them to get Harvin up to speed on Mornhinweg's offense but it's doubtful. Mornhinweg's system relies on timing and is actually one of the more complex verbiage wise in the NFL. How comfortable is the coach going to feel putting Harvin out there, who will have had less than a week of time with Geno to work on that timing, against the Bills' defense?

Marty is great at exploiting mismatches, so I have no doubt he'll have three or four plays specifically designed for Harvin where he tries to get matched up on a LB or one of our safeties, but realistically how many plays can they install for Harvin even with the long week?

I'm guessing we see Harvin on the field (on offense) for less than 15 plays. Too high? Too low? Thoughts?

It depends on how long it takes for him to take a swing at Eric Decker or TJ Graham.

If he is healthy, I see the Jets using him on more than 50% of the plays, even if he is a decoy. It's pretty easy IMO for a WR to learn a playbook well enough to know what to do himself, when there is only 30 or so plays in the game plan that week.

The longer week for the Jests might allow them to get Harvin up to speed on Mornhinweg's offense but it's doubtful. Mornhinweg's system relies on timing and is actually one of the more complex verbiage wise in the NFL. How comfortable is the coach going to feel putting Harvin out there, who will have had less than a week of time with Geno to work on that timing, against the Bills' defense?

Marty is great at exploiting mismatches, so I have no doubt he'll have three or four plays specifically designed for Harvin where he tries to get matched up on a LB or one of our safeties, but realistically how many plays can they install for Harvin even with the long week?

I'm guessing we see Harvin on the field (on offense) for less than 15 plays. Too high? Too low? Thoughts?

I would be surprised if he got more than a dozen snaps. He doesn't know the offense and has no timing with the QB. I bet he gets a dozen snaps in plays with short routes, reverses and screens (or fakes), etc. I can't imagine he comes right in and gets much more than that under the circumstances. But anything is possible when the team you are joining has 1 win at this point in the season.

I would be surprised if he got more than a dozen snaps. He doesn't know the offense and has no timing with the QB. I bet he gets a dozen snaps in plays with short routes, reverses and screens (or fakes), etc.

Very much this ^^

You stole my thunder Kelly. I was gonna say depends on if he makes it through a week and a half of practices before punching someone. As for the timing, it's Geno Smith, I don't think timing comes into play with him. His accuracy is pretty bad.

You stole my thunder Kelly. I was gonna say depends on if he makes it through a week and a half of practices before punching someone. As for the timing, it's Geno Smith, I don't think timing comes into play with him. His accuracy is pretty bad.

Pass pressure will be critical for the Bills. Have to keep Geno off balance, force some turnovers. Meanwhile expect the Bills to still run it a lot. I'm hoping Bryce Brown will be pumped to finally see the field, and Dixon getting more touches too. Then Orton will air it out.

All I will say is they better show up to play. I've driving 8 hours RT to see that game.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It depends on how long it takes for him to take a swing at Eric Decker or TJ Graham.

If he is healthy, I see the Jets using him on more than 50% of the plays, even if he is a decoy. It's pretty easy IMO for a WR to learn a playbook well enough to know what to do himself, when there is only 30 or so plays in the game plan that week.

Agreed. And 4-5 of those plays might be lifted from Seattle/minn to make him feel even more comfortable

He will be targeted on at least 10 offensive plays. Rex is a blowhard, but he knows to get the ball in the hands of his playmakers. Timing will be off (with whatever quarterback they use), so expect a lot of receiver screens and a couple of end arounds. You know, the same stuff we do with Sammy. Oh wait....

You guys are totally overplaying the 'learn the system' card.

Its so easy to learn a handful of new names for the same old routes in a week plus.

And I'm sure a lot of those will be screens.

He will be used as much as he would be if he was there for all of camp.