Win Probability On The Final Scoring Drive

Advanced football analytics had the Bills win probability at 4% ahead of the 4th and 20 completion to Chandler. Orton-Chandler pass/catch boosted their win probably from 4% to 32%. After the intentional grounding the win probability fluctuated down to around 25%. After the incredible catch by Hogan the win probability boosted from 25% to 83%. So with the ball on the 2 yard line with 5 seconds left the Bills were favored to win by 83%.

I think this puts into perspective how incredible those two plays actually were.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I only wish it were possible to reconstruct the Shout Box during that drive. The number of "this team sucks... ugh" posts would make you think that Orton threw three interceptions.

He tried to throw one, Watkins bailed him out.

Only good call Brando made all day was going back to show how Watkins stopped the Int

Advanced football analytics had the Bills win probability at 4% ahead of the 4th and 20 completion to Chandler. Orton-Chandler pass/catch boosted their win probably from 4% to 32%. After the intentional grounding the win probability fluctuated down to around 25%. After the incredible catch by Hogan the win probability boosted from 25% to 83%. So with the ball on the 2 yard line with 5 seconds left the Bills were favored to win by 83%.

I think this puts into perspective how incredible those two plays actually were.

4th and 20 and they had the win percentage as high as 4%? Seems high though I don't have the time or desire to do the math myself :)

Chance some Bills fans would be bitching about a win the next day....100%...

Huh?

I don't think they are bitching/complaining. I see it as rejoicing! Finally we beat the odds!

How many times have you seen this in 54 years of Bills history? And we see it twice in two seasons (last year v. Carolina).

Heck, I don't think we ever won that many games with time expired. That Oakland game a few years ago I think was one of the few.

54 years. 54 LONG years. I see it as rejoice, not bitching. Think positive.