Jets 3-point Favorites

Casey D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The vegas peoples are just saying the Jets aren't as bad as their record would say, and I think for the most part, people agree with that.

Mmmmm, not quite. They're saying the Jets aren't as bad as their record would say AND we aren't as good as our record would say.

Sexy Rexy has pwn'ed us for the last 5 years. 7-3. We haven't won against them in their house since October of 2009.

And 3 of our 4 wins were squeakers - no, I'm not "embarrassed" by any win, but OT and late 4th Q heroics do not give the impression of a competent offense.

Edited by Hopeful

The only thing that matters is the score at the end of the game. I don't think the players or coaching staff worry about points spread and neither do I.

They better not worry about the betting line. The NFL has enough bad press already this season. The last thing they need is a gambling scandal ;)

3 points is the home team default.

why are the 4-3 Bills are an underdog to the 1-6 NYETS .... ????

CJ, FJ injuries and the Bills interception prone journeyman backup.

Yeah you're gonna throw a pick or two when you attempt passes downfield. That's the nature of the game. I'm OK with Orton's one bad pick a game if it means he can actually complete passes to wide receivers ala yesterday.

The Bills have lost their last four games on the road against the Jets and are 4-12 at New Jersey in the last 16 years. They should be 3-13 but enjoyed a lucky victory in 2009 when the Jets gave it away after rushing for over 300 yards. It's the only time in NFL history outside of one game in the 1940s when a team that rushed for over 300 yards lost the game.

Anyway, the Bills have historically played poorly there, and should be dogs as a consequence.

For the 100th time. We just lost our two starting RB's - the heart and soul of the offense in FJ. Vegas does not take that lightly until we prove that we can run the ball w/o them.

I mean we just played a Vikings team at home and the line was what, us giving 4 points? 4.5 points? And that was with CJ and FJ prior to the game.

For Vegas, this line is a no brainer. The point of setting a line is to have bets on both sides of the spread. That would not happen if the Bills were giving points in this game.

The line will probably move even more with us getting more points IMO.

1. critical Injuries for bills.

2. Road divisional game where we normally struggle in ny.

3. We havent covered last two weeks.

We'll see what it is come friday.

Yeah you're gonna throw a pick or two when you attempt passes downfield. That's the nature of the game. I'm OK with Orton's one bad pick a game if it means he can actually complete passes to wide receivers ala yesterday.

its been 3 weeks straight - leaving the Bills down in the first half consistently.,

If your happy with mediocre so be it. He's got no upside,. It's just like when people were hoping Fitz was the answer.

I refuse to get sucked in.

fool me once ......

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

3 points is the home team default.

why are the 4-3 Bills are an underdog to the 1-6 NYETS .... ????

CJ, FJ injuries and the Bills interception prone journeyman backup.

Interception prone? 3 in 124 throws ain't terrible.

By the way, Geno Smith continues to rest at the bottom of the NFL QB swimming pool. #32 in traditional QB rating, #32 in ESPN's QBR.

Interception prone? 3 in 124 throws ain't terrible.

By the way, Geno Smith continues to rest at the bottom of the NFL QB swimming pool. #32 in traditional QB rating, #32 in ESPN's QBR.

To start each of the last 3 games - I'd say there is a reoccurring pattern. do you honestly believe KO can go 3 to 5 games w/o an INT. I don't

1 to 1 ratio please argue that again

If people think EJ can't be "taught"... how can you expect the old guy to learn new tricks?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

To start each of the last 3 games - I'd say there is a reoccurring pattern. do you honestly believe KO can go 3 to 5 games w/o an INT. I don't

If people think EJ can't be "taught"... how can you expect the old guy to learn new tricks?

Yes, he has thrown a pick in each of the last three games. I'm not disputing that; I'm disputing your "interception prone" label when his INT % is only 2.4 and the Bills have won two of those three games.

You realize Jim Kelly threw 175 interceptions in 160 career games, right?

Numbers to chew on for you two.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm#passing::none

Yes, he has thrown a pick in each of the last three games. I'm not disputing that; I'm disputing your "interception prone" label when his INT % is only 2.4 and the Bills have won two of those three games.

You realize Jim Kelly threw 175 interceptions in 160 career games, right?

Being completely objective, the Bills were very fortunate to to walk off the field with wins in the Det and Min games.

Being completely objective, the Bills were very fortunate to to walk off the field with wins in the Det and Min games.

Three of our four wins have been because of 4th quarter/Overtime game winning drives. We're playing close games this year. :)

The image of the Jets damn near beating the Patsies on TNF is very fresh. Couple that with the Bills struggle at home against the Vkes. Line is justified IMO.

The Jets aren't quite as bad as their record indicates. Unless the Bills come up with a solid gameplan to control the Jets Dline, this game could easily become a laugher.

I agree with you both, completely.

the NYETS are 1-3 at home so far

the ONLY win was vs the Raiders in week 1

I'll blame Peyton Manning in part but the NYETS have a -64 point differential

they are allowing 26.43 points per game

You know that's all going out the window when they play on Sunday right? Look, I hope the Bills roll them on Sunday, but I'm nervous about any match up with this Bills team right now. Until they get some consistency every win is going to be a struggle.