On to the Jets

Gisele

This game really worries me. The Jets gave NE all they could handle and if not for a blocked kick, may have actually won.

The Jets are not nearly as bad as people think they are and they just got a shiny new toy they will want to show off. That shiny new toy is likely wanting blood after being shipped for a box of used tape

Edited by Captain Hindsight

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets have some major issues but Ryan is about as good of defensive coach as there is. They will play hard. I think because their secondary is so bad, they have to adjust their defense making it easier to run on them. The key is to get an early lead on them and take out the crowd, which is probably edge anyways.

But if we start out like we did on Sunday, it could be a long day.

I'm surprised by the pessimism.

Yep, the Jets are better than their record. But their record is 1-6. Despite their strengths, they pretty adept at finding ways to lose. Despite our weaknesses, we've found ways to win more often than not so far this season.

And, yes, the interior of our OL isn't good. But that isn't news. We've been worried about this since camp. Somehow, we're still 4-3.

Because of the matchups, I think both teams will find it challenging to move the ball but I'll go with the Bills in a low scoring affair.

Took a peek at their board. Apparently Rex has the opposite reputation with their fan base. They assume he will not have them ready to play because of all the times he has not done so, especially after having any additional time off. However they do not think much of the Bills.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm surprised by the pessimism.

Yep, the Jets are better than their record. But their record is 1-6. Despite their strengths, they pretty adept at finding ways to lose. Despite our weaknesses, we've found ways to win more often than not so far this season.

And, yes, the interior of our OL isn't good. But that isn't news. We've been worried about this since camp. Somehow, we're still 4-3.

Because of the matchups, I think both teams will find it challenging to move the ball but I'll go with the Bills in a low scoring affair.

I marked this down as a W before the season. But Minnesota is worse then the Jets and the Jets are healthier. The Jets probably just played their best game of the season. I think they suck but it's never been easy in NJ. This will be a tough game unless we can jump on them early.

Overheard on NYC radio this morning. "The Bills have no running backs."

We'll just see about that one.

We have no offensive line. That's the problem.

Need to negate the jets def line. They can get after the qb just like ours. They are a very similar defense to ours...great up front but can get thrown on. This game will be on the qb's. Screen passes and a healthy dose of sammy just like yesterday.

in the two games vs jets last year, the bills were a plus 6 on turnovers.

based on recent form, we are going to lose this week.

Look at the bright side: We're due for a game where we don't have 4 turnovers.

We lead the league in Sacks. Are tied for 1st in rush defense (3.2 ypc). Keys to the game vs. the Jets. Stop their run. Pressure Geno. We do both REALLY REALLY WELL. NFL leading well.

Orton > Geno.

Close game though b/c of our O-line, no CJ/FJ, and it's a rivalry game. 17-13 Bills.

The Jets usually stomp us in there place... Our O-line with Orton will spell disaster.

They need to go after the secondary to have a shot.

It's going to be a tough task, but we're going to have to run the ball somehow. We can't just have Orton go back to pass 40 times. He'll get sacked another 6 times w/ a fumble probably vs. the Jets.

Lets hope that the Jets somehow overlook our run game now w/o CJ/FJ and go in more confident then they should.

It's going to be a tough task, but we're going to have to run the ball somehow. We can't just have Orton go back to pass 40 times. He'll get sacked another 6 times w/ a fumble probably vs. the Jets.

Lets hope that the Jets somehow overlook our run game now w/o CJ/FJ and go in more confident then they should.

Hopefully, Bryce Brown will channel his inner Roland Hooks and seize the opportunity...

With the Eagles he had some huge games. The potential is there. Unfortunately (I could be wrong) he may have a fumbling problem - not sure where I read that. Correct me if i'm wrong.

I know nothing about him, except that he did do reasonably well in Philly. And that self-appointed personnel experts on TBD have been calling for him to play all season. Which may not be much of an endorsement. :rolleyes::lol: