Kyle Orton Haters

DaBills51

Hmmmm...we lost the Detroit game, they just couldn't figure out how to kick a FG...FACT. Already, he's played bad enough to be 1-2. Yesterday, the turnovers were terrible, the offense couldn't move the ball, and it took a last second effort to beat a very bad team in OUR stadium with a rookie QB making his first road start. Orton and the offense did everything they could to lose that game but the DEFENSE dominated the Vikes and kept the game close. So, he did play bad enough to be 0-3. We got lucky in one game, and got lucky yesterday that we weren't playing a good team or yesterday we would have lost bad with that offensive effort. There is a reason the Bills have not won a game in 17 years with 4 turnovers until yesterday, because its VERY HARD TO WIN with 4 offensive turnovers. And Orton was responsible for half those turnovers and several bad sacks.

So facts remain, he's played bad enough to be 0-3...and he also came through when the opportunity was there on the last drive of 2 games to steal 2 wins, which is great and hope its something he can build on. But if we need continue to be inept on offense for most the game and really on last second scores to win, then we won't win many more games.

AGAIN, thats my opinion but it does NOT make me a Hater. I hope to god he leads us to the playoff. You can hear me screaming "Lets go Orton", Great Pass Orton" every time he gets something going 3 houses down the beach (I know my neighbors laugh about it). I want nothing more than for him to win...but being a REALIST about the performance does not mean I hate him.

Geezus...again furthering my point. More people just want to prove this is about EJ vs Orton. You are the only fools fighting that battle. I just want us to win. But keep up the good work FireChan.

We lost the Detroit game? It certainly does not show that in the win loss column.....you know THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS?

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO :wallbash:

"facts". Not he played well enough for us to be 2-1. No, he played bad enough for us to be 0-3. LMFAO. Your entire post continues to be about "stealing"/ how "bad" the opponents have been / how "bad" Orton has been.

Tell me, how do you feel after a loss? I would not want to be around you.

To sum up your mindset: We were 2-2 under EJ but we were really 4-0 and we're now 0-3 with Orton. got it.

:thumbdown:

Dude, stop already...I don't GIVE A DAMN about EJ. He looked ok weeks 1 and 2 and turned into a complete pansy and sucked weeks 3 and 4. YOU want to make it about that, then fine, make it about some stupid argument that I AM NOT making.

Offense has sucked for 5 weeks...period...both EJ and Orton.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Dude, stop already...I don't GIVE A DAMN about EJ. He looked ok weeks 1 and 2 and turned into a complete pansy and sucked weeks 3 and 4. YOU want to make it about that, then fine, make it about some stupid argument that I AM NOT making.

Offense has sucked for 5 weeks...period...both EJ and Orton.

Running offense has sucked. Passing offense has improved dramatically.

Promo, I used to say the same thing about Fitz to defend him. Our standards need to be higher. Who really cares about yardage? We scored 1 td against Detroit. We barely scored 2 against Minnesota. Who cares about yards if you're handing the other team points with turnovers or turning the ball over in the red zone?

Why are you a hater because you want more? I generally agree fans are irrational about QBs. That's why I am so patient with EJ. But the reason we switched to Orton was to see a big improvement.

Again, it's not all on him. I think our OC is terrible and our oline has regressed. That's on the coaches. But to be happy with the current results is fool hardy. This team is playoff caliber except on offense right now.

Now we are barely scoring touchdowns. Lol

We lost the Detroit game? It certainly does not show that in the win loss column.....you know THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS?

Maybe John its about whether we will win ANY MORE GAMES with this offense playing like this. If you think the offensive play in Detroit will get us many wins then you have no idea what football looks like. Yes, that ONE game we won...how many times a year do you think we win if our offense plays all 16 weeks like that? Probably not more than that 1 game. Thats the point...same with yesterday and the NE game. Those offensive out puts, and include weeks 3 and 4 won't win us many games.

Thats the point...but I guess people don't want to actually be objective about the issues with this team right now and just want to make it about Orton vs EJ.

This is Trent Edwards all over again...its Fitz all over again...Because Trent was better than JP and Fitz was better than Trent people just blinded themselves to the issues STILL PLAGUING the offense and QB position. I don't care if Orton is better than EJ, I care about whether we can win some games because I am sick of missing the playoffs.

This offense right now will not get us to the playoffs...it must improve. PERIOD. And I root for Orton each and every week...but because I don't feel this offense I have seen the last 5 weeks will get us to the playoffs, I am some how an Orton hater. Stupid.

Running offense has sucked. Passing offense has improved dramatically.

Yes, run game has sucked too and I hope Bryce can bring some new life into it. Our OL has been a major let down this year on both facets of the game. Hackett I think has also been a big part of the run game problem. I just hate how he calls a game with Freddie and CJ.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Maybe John its about whether we will win ANY MORE GAMES with this offense playing like this. If you think the offensive play in Detroit will get us many wins then you have no idea what football looks like. Yes, that ONE game we won...how many times a year do you think we win if our offense plays all 16 weeks like that? Probably not more than that 1 game. Thats the point...same with yesterday and the NE game. Those offensive out puts, and include weeks 3 and 4 won't win us many games.

Thats the point...but I guess people don't want to actually be objective about the issues with this team right now and just want to make it about Orton vs EJ.

This is Trent Edwards all over again...its Fitz all over again...Because Trent was better than JP and Fitz was better than Trent people just blinded themselves to the issues STILL PLAGUING the offense and QB position. I don't care if Orton is better than EJ, I care about whether we can win some games because I am sick of missing the playoffs.

This offense right now will not get us to the playoffs...it must improve. PERIOD. And I root for Orton each and every week...but because I don't feel this offense I have seen the last 5 weeks will get us to the playoffs, I am some how an Orton hater. Stupid.

Yes, run game has sucked too and I hope Bryce can bring some new life into it. Our OL has been a major let down this year on both facets of the game. Hackett I think has also been a big part of the run game problem. I just hate how he calls a game with Freddie and CJ.

Everyone knows that we need to improve. We know Orton turns the ball over just a little too much. But what is the point about griping about the Qbing? If Orton is better than EJ, which he surely is, then how else can we improve the position right now? Maybe improve the O-line? Improve the run game? Throw Jeff Tuel in there?

I'm sorry I lumped you in with the EJ mass debaters. As I'm sure you know, there's quite a large correlation with negative-Orton posters and super-optimistic-EJ posters, but it was wrong of me to leap to that conclusion.

Edited by FireChan

Because some posters on here are bigger EJ fans then Bills fans. Ignore them. Just enjoy the win

Jim I think it goes far beyond that. I think there are tons of "fans" that hate. I'll leave it at that. I was going to add that they hate any QB who doesn't look like the second coming of Brett Favre. But I really think they just love to hate. Many of them probably lead miserable lives.

Everyone knows that we need to improve. We know Orton turns the ball over just a little too much. But what is the point about griping about the Qbing? If Orton is better than EJ, which he surely is, then how else can we improve the position right now? Maybe improve the O-line? Improve the run game? Throw Jeff Tuel in there?

I'm sorry I lumped you in with the EJ mass debaters. As I'm sure you know, there's quite a large correlation with negative-Orton posters and super-optimistic-EJ posters, but it was wrong of me to leap to that conclusion.

Its cool man, and sorry I am irritated about it. Its just annoying because there is no room to discuss objectively whats going on with this team right now around here.

You asked wants the point griping about the QB...well whats the point to be on this board then? I mean its a place to discuss the pros and cons of this team. And right now, our offense is holding this team back, and there are several culprits, Orton included. And my concern is also that Orton has concrete feet, so this OL might get him killed and istn doing him any favors. I can't figure how bad the OL is getting week after week and Marrone is supped to be an OL guy.

PS: CJ has not been very good this year either. I feel Hackett has no clue how to use him, but there have been several times where he looked for the home run rather than taking the yards that were there, and thats also a detriment to the offense. He seems to have really regressed in this offense and you were right FJ is the better back for it. I am actually excited to see what Bryce can do, maybe he can spark the run game and take some pressure off the passing game.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Because in Buffalo no one is ever happy.

A vocal minority once thought Reich should start over Kelly.

Scouts like Jerry Sullivan and Mike Schoop openly advocated for keeping Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie...the media pretty much ran him out of town because apparently winning wasn't enough---we needed a guy that looked like an elite QB.

And that's the problem right now with a lot of media/fans. This constant desire for 'elite,' but rest assured when 'elite' is here it still won't be good enough.

Amen

Maybe John its about whether we will win ANY MORE GAMES with this offense playing like this. If you think the offensive play in Detroit will get us many wins then you have no idea what football looks like.

You completely fail to mention that Detroit still has the 6 total D, #7 D vs the pass and #1 scoring D as well over the first half of the season. They're giving up 219 , 61% YPPG , 7 TDs and 7 Ints and a 76 QBR all year.

In Orton's first start WITHOUT ANY CAMP OR PRACTICE PRIOR TO GAME WEEK, he throws for 300, 70% 1 TD 1 INT and an 88 QBR and almost a full yard per attempt more than Dtroit is giving up (Not dink and dunks). The Bills rushed the ball 22 for 49 yds too.

But hey, those are just the facts.

Wow just wow. If this had said EJ haters than Bills fans I would agree with you. Fans?!?! Can you name one person on this board that is a bigger EJ fan than Bills fan bc I can name several people that hate EJ enough to want him to fail rather than see the Bills win with him.

If I were a mod this would result in a warning point.

Its cool man, and sorry I am irritated about it. Its just annoying because there is no room to discuss objectively whats going on with this team right now around here.

You asked wants the point griping about the QB...well whats the point to be on this board then? I mean its a place to discuss the pros and cons of this team. And right now, our offense is holding this team back, and there are several culprits, Orton included. And my concern is also that Orton has concrete feet, so this OL might get him killed and istn doing him any favors. I can't figure how bad the OL is getting week after week and Marrone is supped to be an OL guy.

PS: CJ has not been very good this year either. I feel Hackett has no clue how to use him, but there have been several times where he looked for the home run rather than taking the yards that were there, and thats also a detriment to the offense. He seems to have really regressed in this offense and you were right FJ is the better back for it. I am actually excited to see what Bryce can do, maybe he can spark the run game and take some pressure off the passing game.

Personally, I thought your Orton take was a bit overly negative, that's all. He's only been in this offense for 3 weeks and has won 2 games, Even though he's a vet, he's not a Bills vet, and I am hoping he plays better and improves the O-line as the season goes on. Fumbles are easier to correct than a lot of other issues we've been having.

As to your PS, it's a real shame about Spiller getting hurt. I wasn't his biggest fan, but the guy's potential was always sky-high. Thanks for the props, but I think we would've both been happier if he had an All-Pro season.

Edited by FireChan

There isn't a receiver on this team that thinks EJ is a better option. We just won a game (in our run-first offense) where both our RBs went down. I can't even entertain a discussion with someone who believes EJ is the better option at this point -- it's either irrational stubbornness or a complete lack of football acumen.

There isn't a receiver on this team that thinks EJ is a better option. We just won a game (in our run-first offense) where both our RBs went down. I can't even entertain a discussion with someone who believes EJ is the better option at this point -- it's either irrational stubbornness or a complete lack of football acumen.

+1. And that's why i don't understand the entire debate. There is no debate. You want to improve the rest of the team/offense, improve the O-line b/c that's the only thing left to improve.

Orton is the best option we have at QB right now, hands down. What is there to debate? We can resume this convo in the off season.

What are you even arguing at this point bro? What do announcers have anything to do with this - in your warped mind you said EJ played tougher defenses. Facts prove otherwise.

Detroit is best defense we've played so far, and the Vikings and Pats are both better defensively than Miami/Chicago (pts/game). So EJ played San Diego which is ranked #3 - and we saw what happened.

Your post was factually incorrect. It was based on opinions (yours) and those opinions were factually wrong - much the same way your opinions on Orton are wrong.

because its all about perception. be it announcers or the talking heads on ESPN etc

I listed the stats of the defenses by total yards and points. the latter should be the telling point. Orton has escaped a 1-2 record because the Vikes D and Puts* D are worse than the Bills and all of the other teams EJ faced.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Agree 100% What do you think our record would be right now without him.... Probably 2-5. There are a number of teams right now that would love to have him starting including Chicago and by the way they have a guy named Cutler making $56Million. If we can shore up our line, secondary we have a pretty good playoff team.