Is the Bills 2010 draft now officially the worst in its history?

Troupe one pick before hometown Gronk….

that is the stuff of a 14 year playoff drought right there.

Puh-leeeeeez

Tim Tevow was drafted by the Broncos before Gronk- look at what that ineptitude bought them.

Pats first rounder before Gronk was Devon McCourty, which is well and good but not as important as Gronk has been.

the colts, picked jerry highes, who then became Sheppard, etc. they've still been in the playoffs.

The hindsight bs is never going to be anything more than whining about the past.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

There was only 1 out of the 7 picks that lasted with the Bills for more than 2 years- Sammy Morris. Not even their 1st round pick made it more than 2 years with them- Erik Flowers. At least Spiller had some value for a season. There was not one player from that 2000 draft who had any value to the Bills. Sammy Morris was a decent special teamer.

> There was not one player from that 2000 draft who had any value to the Bills.

Granted. On the other hand, their first pick of that draft was Erik Flowers, and he wasn't chosen until the mid 20s. Spiller was taken 9th overall. According to the value chart, the pick used on Spiller was worth about double the pick used on Flowers.

If I spend $3000 on a used car, and have to sell it for scrap a few weeks later, that's bad. But if I'd spent $6000 on a different car and had to scrap it, that's twice as bad! Even if I got a few weeks of driving out of that $6000 car before it went to the scrap heap, it's still a worse mistake than the $3000 vehicle.

> There was not one player from that 2000 draft who had any value to the Bills.

Granted. On the other hand, their first pick of that draft was Erik Flowers, and he wasn't chosen until the mid 20s. Spiller was taken 9th overall. According to the value chart, the pick used on Spiller was worth about double the pick used on Flowers.

If I spend $3000 on a used car, and have to sell it for scrap a few weeks later, that's bad. But if I'd spent $6000 on a different car and had to scrap it, that's twice as bad! Even if I got a few weeks of driving out of that $6000 car before it went to the scrap heap, it's still a worse mistake than the $3000 vehicle.

Not quite. The 3k car was owned for 2 years and never got out of the driveway. The 6k car lasted 5 years and for at least one year provided reliable transportation.

Spiller might not be gone either, he has a player option he could very well be willing to play under now which would basically be a one year deal to prove himself and hit free agency after next season

Edited by Max997

Spiller might not be gone either, he has a player option he could very well be willing to play under now which would basically be a one year deal to prove himself and hit free agency after next season

A valid point. I'm guessing it'd be at or higher than he'd see as a free agent too if I had to speculate