Chris Hogan

Andrew Son

Ok, I'm as happy as anyone with the great catch Hogan made yesterday to set up the winning TD, but to say without any doubt that Mike Williams would not have is an opinion only. I seem to remember Williams making a pretty specracular catch against the Bears to contribute to that win.

Mike Williams has made 40 of those catches. Hogan has made one. Uncle Rico even told him to be ready for the back shoulder pass.

He did make the play though, and it was hugely important in the win. I'm glad we have him on the team. He's getting better. Still, he should be playing behind Mike Williams.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Williams has made 40 of those catches. Hogan has made one. Uncle Rico even told him to be ready for the back shoulder pass.

He did make the play though, and it was hugely important in the win. I'm glad we have him on the team. He's getting better. Still, he should be playing behind Mike Williams.

Not sure I will go that far. My point was only that Williams does have ability too. I also recall an 80 yarder for a score in a game that cost Manuel his job, a job I don't believe he will get back barring injury (with our O-line that's a distinct possibility though).

Not sure I will go that far. My point was only that Williams does have ability too. I also recall an 80 yarder for a score in a game that cost Manuel his job, a job I don't believe he will get back barring injury (with our O-line that's a distinct possibility though).

Williams jumped up and used his body to make a clutch catch about 20 yards in the first game of the season in OT.

Wow, thin skinned doesn't even begin to describe. Still freaking out about a Tommy Boy reference which in no way was directed at or meant to insult you. You are either highly paranoid or desperate for my attention.

Tsk, tsk.

nope. I just don't like you. And your sarcasm and comedy is suspect. Any chance I get to tell you to shut up... I'll take it.

nope. I just don't like you. And your sarcasm and comedy is suspect. Any chance I get to tell you to shut up... I'll take it.

Dance, monkey!

Most of your ilk struggle to understand me. I've actually treated you with restraint the many times I could have responded to your juvenile insults about career and education or the many times I could've called you out on the hysterical irony of your posts. I may reconsider since you're insistent on making things personal over some issue I've long since forgotten about.

Edited by Jauronimo

:lol:

The Da'Rick Rogers fanboys will hate Hogan forever for outworking their hero for the last roster spot.

Not true. I was in the Pick TheRick camp but relented after this week. Now I'm Team Hogan. He makes tough plays like that and its a valuable role to play.

So who's your guy in two weeks? Travis Harvey?

I'll tell you then!

More to the point, I thought DaRick was a better risk/reward option and that Hogan would never really so much. DaRick is out of the league and Hogan had a really nice game. I was wrong.

There are some real tools in this thread.

Having said that, Hogan from my pov is going to be one of those guys that simply will put up solid numbers. He's got good size, speed, strength, route running ability and hands. Don't get me wrong, I believe we are grossly misusing Mike Williams, the guy should absolutely be used more often and in different situations and given the opportunity to do what he does best, which is to fight for the ball on fade patterns and back shoulder passes around the endzone.

I think they both bring different qualities to the table, I believe Mike Williams is better near the endzone and that Hogan is able to get himself open more often. All in all I don't believe there is much of a drop off one way or another, just happy to have both on the team.

:worthy: :worthy:

Props for this my man. There isn't enough of this anywhere really. I would love to post this as Orton raises the Lombardi trophy in February. :thumbsup:

Haha. Thanks. feels liberating