Chris Hogan

Andrew Son

My issue with Hogan is that I have never seen him make a play that impacts the outcome of a game. That is why I advocated for Graham. He's not great but can impact a game. Yesterday Hogan made a huge play (even though he made a big mistake earlier). Hopefully he continues to contribute.

I know the conversation "wasn't about one player" but man every time I see him I hope for good things. I want him to score tds in the worst way. Just the idea of you standing in line at taco bell muttering under your breath " :censored: Chris Hogan stupid 7-11" is enough to make me smile. Nothing personal :nana:

oh please. People are hoping onto his bandwagon faster than girls backstage at a Justin Bieber show.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Hogan was a much maligned player who has started to produce. After 2 years on the team and much discussion he is starting to contribute. I have seen nobody say anything about him going to the Pro Bowl or being great even. It is partly to bust Kirby's chops and partly because fans of a team enjoy seeing players on their team do well. That catch was huge yesterday as well.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh please. People are hoping onto his bandwagon faster than girls backstage at a Justin Bieber show.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the other side calling him a wasted roster spot for 1.5 years? Again, even the bandwagoneers aren't elevating him beyond a No. 3 WR, so you can stop with the hyperbole.

Hogan has been impressing me the last couple weeks, I'll give you that. If he continues to play at this level, I'll understand why Williams has been demoted. Hogan is a good route runner, with dependable hands, and seems to churn out tough yards.

That being said... Williams is (supposed to be) good at catching errant passes, so I have no idea what's going on. In the end, I don't care who it is, as long as they make plays.

Agreed, and if you go back and look at the winning TD, Hogan made a great move outside/in, and was wide

open right in front of Kyle in the end zone. That being said, I am glad he went to Sammy!

My issue with Hogan is that I have never seen him make a play that impacts the outcome of a game. That is why I advocated for Graham. He's not great but can impact a game. Yesterday Hogan made a huge play (even though he made a big mistake earlier). Hopefully he continues to contribute.

The comparison isn't about individual talent as it is about fitting a role. When putting together a roster you need to have differet types of pieces that fit together. What Graham does is not what Hogan does.and vice versa. The bottom line is production. With Orton as the starter his skill set is going to be accentuated. I see his productivity going up as the season advances.

Edited by JohnC

The comparison isn't about individual talent as it is about fitting a role. When putting together a roster you need to have differet types of pieces that fit together. What Graham does is not what Hogan does.and vice versa. The bottom line is production. With Orton as the starter his skill set is going to be accentuated. I see his productivity going up as the season advances.

Totally agree on forming a roster. I thought that Woods would fill that role but so far that really hasn't come to fruition. They have no idea how to use Mike Williams and Goodwin is made of glass. Hogan (and Chandler) stepped up yesterday and made huge redemption plays. The old Bills teams didn't do that. They made the game ending mistakes (see Atlanta last year).

I still think that Hogan is a below average player and a guy that you could easily replace. He is like a Jeremy Kerley or Jerricho Cotchery or Griff Whalen type of guy if that makes sense? With that being said he has looked like an NFL player the last 2 weeks and I hope that it continues.

yea, i will continue with my stance that he was a good pickup for a team with ruvell martin and namaan roosevelt but that he shouldnt be taking reps from guys like williams and woods.

he made a big play yesterday, and a big mistake yesterday. thats one more big play than he previously had on his resume though - and ill be glad if he keeps making them.

Totally agree on forming a roster. I thought that Woods would fill that role but so far that really hasn't come to fruition. They have no idea how to use Mike Williams and Goodwin is made of glass. Hogan (and Chandler) stepped up yesterday and made huge redemption plays. The old Bills teams didn't do that. They made the game ending mistakes (see Atlanta last year).

I still think that Hogan is a below average player and a guy that you could easily replace. He is like a Jeremy Kerley or Jerricho Cotchery or Griff Whalen type of guy if that makes sense? With that being said he has looked like an NFL player the last 2 weeks and I hope that it continues.

Don't get me wrong I'm not anoiting him as a special player. He's no Welker who as an underneath route runner is elite. What is making CH effective is not his outstanding qualities but the change in qbs. It is Orton who is able to read the plays and make an accurate pass. EJ was simply (not at this point) capable of staying in the pocket and allowing the play to develop and then decisively make the right throw.

Orton as a starter by an NFL standard is a pedestrian qb. He is one of the most immobile qbs I have ever seen. He runs like a stork and is as elusive as a cement block. But he is a heady qb who knows how to play and he is relatively accurate. If he had an OL that could block better than a collection of grandmas he would be even more effective. Watching Orton play I give him a lot of credit for his poise. Even when he gets sacked or throws an interception or someone fumbles he doesn't allow it to affect him. You don't see him on the sidelines fretting or hanging his head. Without a doubt adding him to the roster (even belatedly) salvaged this season. Without him the level of frustration from the team and fanbase would have been out of control.

I think that Hogan is helped by the fact that he and Orton probably practiced a lot together when they were both backups. This happens a lot--I remember noticing that when Frank Reich took over for Kelly in 1989 he started targeting Beebe a lot more than Kelly did, for example. It's good for Hogan that he seized the opportunity yesterday. Will be interesting to see how he goes from there.

I always defended Hogan. I think he has a lot of upside. That was one helluva athletic catch he made yesterday. He was determined to catch that ball at any cost. Mike Williams barely made the roster. He has lost a step, so I won't be sad to see him go. TJ Graham stunk from Day 1: he was a terrible, wasted draft pick. There is no way that either of those two jokers makes a catch like Hogan's yesterday.

I always defended Hogan. I think he has a lot of upside. That was one helluva athletic catch he made yesterday. He was determined to catch that ball at any cost. Mike Williams barely made the roster. He has lost a step, so I won't be sad to see him go. TJ Graham stunk from Day 1: he was a terrible, wasted draft pick. There is no way that either of those two jokers makes a catch like Hogan's yesterday.

What do you base this on?

I think you mean you can get a good luck at the sun by sticking your head up a butcher's ass...wait, no, it has to be your dog.

I think you mean you can get a good luck at the sun by sticking your head up a butcher's ass...wait, no, it has to be your dog.

I think you forgot about the peanut butter.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

My observation...most WR's don't get that much separation unless coverages are blown. The difference is having a QB who can accurately throw the ball into tight coverage.

and/or having an athletic physical specimen like Randy Moss, Plaxico Burress or Calvin Johnson that can make plays on balls in tight coverage.

I 100% agree with this observation.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

There must be a reason. Woods was in doghouse in preseason. Maybe it's run blocking or route running? Who knows.

It's definitely not for his run blocking, the guy beasts on run blocking. Watching Woods get physical with his man when blocking are some of his best highlights this year. The guy loves to block, and has done so consistently this year. Despite what some fools on here say about him not being physical enough, Woods is an absolute killer out there in the running game.

It's definitely not for his run blocking, the guy beasts on run blocking. Watching Woods get physical with his man when blocking are some of his best highlights this year. The guy loves to block, and has done so consistently this year. Despite what some fools on here say about him not being physical enough, Woods is an absolute killer out there in the running game.

So is Mike Williams.

So is Mike Williams.

Good point. I have no idea what Hackett is thinking. If we don't spread the field this week, I give up on the guy. The WORST thing to do against the Jests front is to run 3 TE sets and HELP them stack the box. Seriously, Smith shouldn't be active this week, Hackett should burn every three TE set in his playbook.

If you can burn Fisher Price playbooks that is, I think they fire-proof children's' toys.