Embarassing win

Bocephuz

It's pretty sad that you want to make a bet that allows you to root against your team.

Lots of sad posts in this thread. Some people are just never satisfied, the "who have we played" type, instead of just being satisfied the Bills are over .500 nearly half way through the season type...

Edited by ricojes

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would make a bet you seem desperate to make, and sure you are going to win, and then root for yourself to lose?

looking back I wish I would have bet against the Bills in the SB's, I would have been more than happy to lose the money and miserable when the lost, but with extra cash in my pocket...

Edited by ricojes

Lots of sad posts in this thread. Some people are just never satisfied, the "who have we played" type, instead of just being satisfied the Bills are over .500 nearly half way through the season type...

never satisfied? we've all been fans of a perennial loser for more years than most of us want to admit. i think we're all too easily satisfied. that was a boring, very badly played game for 58 minutes.(thank goodness i taped it) even the fox studio guys were ridiculing it at halftime. i'm happy we have a winning record but i haven't seen much to instill confidence in this team, this year. i certainly hope to be wrong.

Bad analogy.

Lotteries are random.

So you are in on the bet?

What bet? I'm a fan of the Bills who are 4-3, 1-1 in the division with a soft schedule upcoming. Predicting them not to make the playoffs is not only easy, it's cowardly for a fan of the team to proclaim. But if it makes you feel better to think you know what will happen based on a 7 game sample, by all means. As a fan, I'll stick to rooting for one win at a time and see where that gets us.

never satisfied? we've all been fans of a perennial loser for more years than most of us want to admit. i think we're all too easily satisfied. that was a boring, very badly played game for 58 minutes.(thank goodness i taped it) even the fox studio guys were ridiculing it at halftime. i'm happy we have a winning record but i haven't seen much to instill confidence in this team, this year. i certainly hope to be wrong.

Yes, some people are never satisfied. Simple as that. And i do hope you are wrong as well....

So you would make a bet you seem desperate to make, and sure you are going to win, and then root for yourself to lose?

I would be happy to lose. Wouldn't you pay a hundred dollars to see the bills in the playoffs? The bet would just ease the pain when they miss out again.

So you can't be happy with moral victories where you play well but lose, and you can't be happy with victories where you play poorly?

I'm sure it's true that you were happy with the win.

But it surely sounds from your post, and others, that you cannot enjoy it because it is hollow or unsustainable. I completely understand if someone is happy with moral victories and unhappy with wins like this because it bodes better for the future. Or if they are unhappy with moral victories but happy with winning games you played awful in. But if you're unhappy with moral victories and unhappy with wins like this, you're just an unhappy person, and IMO it's an unreasonable stance.

Mediocrity is what I saw yesterday. And mediocrity is what I've seen for a long time.

The question I ask myself after this game is: Are the Bills trending up or down? Despite a win, I say the latter.

The GM has said they need to make the playoffs in 2014. Are the Bills, playing similar in Week 7 (a win) to what they did in Week 6 (a loss)? Or are they improving? They most definitely aren't improving, just playing lesser talented teams.

Mediocrity is what I saw yesterday. And mediocrity is what I've seen for a long time.

The question I ask myself after this game is: Are the Bills trending up or down? Despite a win, I say the latter.

The GM has said they need to make the playoffs in 2014. Are the Bills, playing similar in Week 7 (a win) to what they did in Week 6 (a loss)? Or are they improving? They most definitely aren't improving, just playing lesser talented teams.

But... they don't get to pick who they play or when they play them. They just have to line up against the team that's in front of them that week. You're getting them coming and going, which isn't fair -- or good for your mental health. 4-3 with a winnable game coming up against a divisional foe. That's all that should matter right now for fans.

Tough luck, Greggy.

I'm a Bills fan, I'm used to tough luck. I'm just not completely used to "fans" rooting for their team to fail... even after a decade and change posting on this board, it always amazes me. Just be honest and admit you have a poster of Tommy Terrific over your bed... we all know you have one.

But... they don't get to pick who they play or when they play them. They just have to line up against the team that's in front of them that week. You're getting them coming and going, which isn't fair -- or good for your mental health. 4-3 with a winnable game coming up against a divisional foe. That's all that should matter right now for fans.

I'm a Bills fan, I'm used to tough luck. I'm just not completely used to "fans" rooting for their team to fail... even after a decade and change posting on this board, it always amazes me. Just be honest and admit you have a poster of Tommy Terrific over your bed... we all know you have one.

First, I already said, I'm not rooting against them.

Second, talk about sad. It's a football team, and not that important.

I'm looking for them to play well, and though they won ( I'm happy about that!), I can't honestly say "wow, these guys are really putting it all together".

It's not that crazy to feel that way, and it doesn't mean I'm a miserable person.

First, I already said, I'm not rooting against them.

Second, talk about sad. It's a football team, and not that important.

I'm looking for them to play well, and though they won ( I'm happy about that!), I can't honestly say "wow, these guys are really putting it all together".

It's not that crazy to feel that way, and it doesn't mean I'm a miserable person.

Yeah, you sound like you're on top of the world. :rolleyes: More concerned about being right than seeing the team you profess to root for win.

With fans like you, who needs enemies?

I would be happy to lose. Wouldn't you pay a hundred dollars to see the bills in the playoffs? The bet would just ease the pain when they miss out again.

The money easing the pain is the same as being happy with the loss.

Actually it should be trending up. Because in previous years we lose to the Lions and Vikings in those games. We are finding ways to win in games we play poorly in, with most of the credit IMO being because of three things we didn't have, a defense that could stop the run and keep points down, a star playmaker that makes plays and touchdowns when normal players don't, and a veteran QB who is unflappable, can make NFL passes, and whose experience can mask the fact that the team is struggling in some areas.

The money easing the pain is the same as being happy with the loss.

Maybe you are right?

I'm a terrible, miserable person, and have no business being a fan of this team.

Please post the 10 Commandments of Bills Fandom as a sticky at the top of the forum.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Maybe you are right?

I'm a terrible, miserable person, and have no business being a fan of this team.

Please post the 10 Commandments of Bills fandom as a sticky at the top of the forum.

1. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

2. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

3. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

4. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

5. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

6. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

7. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

8. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

9. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

10. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

Maybe you are right?

Please post the 10 Commandments of Bills Fandom as a sticky at the top of the forum.

Acceptance is the first step to recovery.

1. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

2. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

3. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

4. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

5. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

6. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

7. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

8. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

9. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

10. Don't be happier when they lose because you bet on them to lose.

:lol: :lol: