2015 Pro Bowl Fan Voting Closed - Selections Revealed on 12/23

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosenthal: Guide to filling out defensive ballot

Defensive end

You get six votes at defensive end. J.J. Watt and Cameron Wake are locks. If you don't vote for them, you should not be allowed to vote for Pro Bowls or local elections. After that, the position is wide open with plenty of solid options.

Calais Campbell missed a few games with a knee injury, but he's wildly disruptive. He's listed at defensive end even though he does a lot of his damage from the inside. He's the best player in the NFL never to make a Pro Bowl and his recognition is overdue. Help the man!

After those three, Everson Griffen, Robert Quinn, Jerry Hughes, Mario Williams, DeMarcus Ware, Ezekiel Ansah and Olivier Vernon would all be worthy picks. Griffen and Quinn started slow, but they've been too good since to deny. Ware would get my final vote for now.

Defensive tackle

The guys on the interior are a little easier to shake out than the defensive ends. I'd put both Bills defensive tackles Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams on the team. Ndamukong Suh, Muhammad Wilkerson and Gerald McCoy all dominate week after week. (Wilkerson is listed at DT despite playing end in Rex Ryan's 3-4 defense.) Haloti Ngata is having his best season since at least 2011.

See vote leaders among defensive players

I wonder if Jerry Sullivan will vote for Dareus?

He's such a clown. I wonder if he will write a column about how wrong he was. I doubt it.

Mario (still the best player on the Bills) will be in there too I would think... Remember players and coaches get to vote too and they understand how important he is to our scheme and what a physical presence he is.

This has been Mario's best all around year as a pro. He is the most complete DE in the NFL. But all folks care about is stupid sack numbers.Mario has been a beast this year.

If you were to assemble the 1st team all-pro it's not crazy at all to think that 2 of the 4 DL would be from the Bills. Watt-Suh-Dareus-Mario

And GM Jerry Sullivan wanted to cut them both. He's an idiot. Those 2 are going to make a lot people rich - Pettine, Schwartz, & Hughes.

And GM Jerry Sullivan wanted to cut them both. He's an idiot. Those 2 are going to make a lot people rich - Pettine, Schwartz, & Hughes.

They are legit GREAT players (not good players). A really strong case can be made that both Mario and Dareus are in the top 2 in the entire league at their respective positions.

They are legit GREAT players (not good players). A really strong case can be made that both Mario and Dareus are in the top 2 in the entire league at their respective positions.

Agree 100%. It's why it is so dumb to overreact all the time, especially to young players. It's embarrassing that people here flipped out on. Mario for missing a training camp practice and called Dareus a bust.

It's crazy to think about, but this our best d line ever right? Obviously, Bruce is one of the greatest ever and Hansen was good but Wright was a huge ? Mark. This is a loaded d line across the board.

Agree 100%. It's why it is so dumb to overreact all the time, especially to young players. It's embarrassing that people here flipped out on. Mario for missing a training camp practice and called Dareus a bust.

It's crazy to think about, but this our best d line ever right? Obviously, Bruce is one of the greatest ever and Hansen was good but Wright was a huge ? Mark. This is a loaded d line across the board.

I really, really believe that Mario is the best player that the Bills have had since Bruce. We have had some good players (Spikes, Moulds, Cowart pre injury) but no one quite at his level. He is an absolute monster. Think about it, he may be the best run defending 4-3 DE & he is 3rd in the NFL in sacks. The guy is phenomenal.

I really, really believe that Mario is the best player that the Bills have had since Bruce. We have had some good players (Spikes, Moulds, Cowart pre injury) but no one quite at his level. He is an absolute monster. Think about it, he may be the best run defending 4-3 DE & he is 3rd in the NFL in sacks. The guy is phenomenal.

i wonder if PFF will finally elevate him to a "very good starter" this year.

i wonder if PFF will finally elevate him to a "very good starter" this year.

That alone makes PFF a joke...

Along with calling Eric Wood one of the lowest-end starters at center.

More than a couple GM's have him ranked pretty high and have spoken about it.