Marrone's Unforgiveable Coaching Sin

patfitz

One could argue that Marrone has made numerous mistakes but I submit that the one that is most heinous and inexcusable is the one where a former player and position coach believes he can "coach up" just about anyone simple given the fact he (the coach) has been there and done that and has the magical ability to will his expertise to the player. In particular I point to Marrone's many failed experiments with the Oline where in his meddling fashion he seems to feel he is always justified by making questionable decisions. See last season with Colin Brown and Doug Legusky or this year with Eric Peers. None of these players belonged as first line starters at their positions. I am specifically referring to playing Peers as a guard not as a tackle. Marrone spouted off a week before the season that Peers would move to guard because he wanted "the best five olinemen,.."Iask you has that proven to be the case? Check out he grades for Peers. They are Peer-thetic".And Marrone won't admit his error and has Urbik sitting on the bench. Why? Now Kujo is supposedly being worked out at guard. Previously the Marrone line was that no way was Kujo a guard he was a tackle all the way, blah, blah. Yeah let's hope three TE's (two of whom aren't blockers) see if they can turn around the running game. Come on Doug what gives?

One could argue that Marrone has made numerous mistakes but I submit that the one that is most heinous and inexcusable is the one where a former player and position coach believes he can "coach up" just about anyone simple given the fact he (the coach) has been there and done that and has the magical ability to will his expertise to the player. In particular I point to Marrone's many failed experiments with the Oline where in his meddling fashion he seems to feel he is always justified by making questionable decisions. See last season with Colin Brown and Doug Legusky or this year with Eric Peers. None of these players belonged as first line starters at their positions. I am specifically referring to playing Peers as a guard not as a tackle. Marrone spouted off a week before the season that Peers would move to guard because he wanted "the best five olinemen,.."Iask you has that proven to be the case? Check out he grades for Peers. They are Peer-thetic".And Marrone won't admit his error and has Urbik sitting on the bench. Why? Now Kujo is supposedly being worked out at guard. Previously the Marrone line was that no way was Kujo a guard he was a tackle all the way, blah, blah. Yeah let's hope three TE's (two of whom aren't blockers) see if they can turn around the running game. Come on Doug what gives?

"Marrone's unforgivable sin," premiering Friday at 10 pm on the lifetime movie network.

Patfitz from TSW calls it "heinous" and "INexcusable."

Rotten Tomatoes gave it one of those green splotchy things, and called it unwatchable, even by Lifetime standards.

Roger Ebert rolled over twice in his grave.

"Marrone's Unforgivable Sin" is being panned as one of the season's worst stories by Bills fans everywhere, unless, of course, they win this week, at which point it will be hailed as a masterpiece, an instant classic, and will be nominated for numerous awards.

Edited by transient

Patfitz from TSW calls it "heinous" and "INexcusable."

Rotten Tomatoes gave it one of those green splotchy things, and called it unwatchable, even by Lifetime standards.

Roger Ebert rolled over twice in his grave.

"Marrone' Unforgivable Sin" is being panned as one of the season's worst stories by Bills fans everywhere, unless, of course, they win this week, at which point it will be hailed as a masterpiece, an instant classic, and will be nominated for numerous awards.

The NY Times, however, lauded Ray Liotta in his role as Doug Marrone, calling Liotta's performance "obviously dark."