The acorns are heavy this year....gear up for Snowmageddon 2

plenzmd1

Just out cleaning up the acorns in the back yard...more of them then ever before. Usually fill 1/2 lawn and leaf bag from my small patio out back, this year was closer to two bags, and the acorns still coming down.

Watch out boys, gunna be a nasty winter in the mid Atlantic!

Farmers Almanac forecast

http://m.almanac.com/content/2014–2015-winter-weather-forecast-map-us

Buffalo News and some news channel I saw the other day said it's not going to be nearly as bad as last year. At least east of the Rockies.

No link but I'm sore someone can post it.

You're so sore that you can't even post a friggin' link???

Water temp is 5 degrees lower now than it has been the last decade @ this time. Now, even know in summer it was pretty much on mark with only a degree or two either way. If we get a cold snap, we are doomed.

That said... The good thing, I haven't used my A/C in almost two months... Heat either. Keeping the house @ a nice 63 degrees naturally... Open windows and cool it down during the day... Then blouse them in for the night... I can dig this energy bill all year! I got all the family members nicely trained to love the high 50's and low 60's house temp... I don't dare heat!

Signed,

The Tight Wad

Just out cleaning up the acorns in the back yard...more of them then ever before. Usually fill 1/2 lawn and leaf bag from my small patio out back, this year was closer to two bags, and the acorns still coming down.

Watch out boys, gunna be a nasty winter in the mid Atlantic!

Farmers Almanac forecast

http://m.almanac.com...forecast-map-us

Big acorn crop, mid Oct and you aren't out on a deer bow hunt? Shame.

Yep, the acorns are deep and heavy here, the buckeyes, too.

The 8 persimmon seeds I checked, 1 fork, 3 knives, 4 spoons.

August was extremely foggy.

The katydids sang early this year, so the frost will be early.

The coyotes, foxes and dogs have been barking at the moon which tells me it will snow early this year. It did so last year, with the Thanksgiving snow storm.

There are no squirrels around here this year because I shot most of them, but the few I have seen buried their nuts deep meaning cold winter.

The Ironwood sinks quickly, meaning there is little water in the tree - meaning cold is coming.

I am predicting a cold Fall rolling in to a wet early winter with some snow then turning mild after that, as snow begins to melt. January ends bitter cold with February still cold while snow falls at the end of the month in to March to give us some good snow.

I'm sorry but I'll wait for the annual JBoyst fuzzy caterpillar thread before I go out and buy any long johns or snow blowers.

Wooly worms. I haven't really seen them yet, like mysteriously seen very few. The ones I have are solid black. Edited by jboyst62

The coyotes, foxes and dogs have been barking at the moon which tells me it will snow early this year. It did so last year, with the Thanksgiving snow storm.

There are no squirrels around here this year because I shot most of them, but the few I have seen buried their nuts deep meaning cold winter.

The Ironwood sinks quickly, meaning there is little water in the tree - meaning cold is coming.

I am predicting a cold Fall rolling in to a wet early winter with some snow then turning mild after that, as snow begins to melt. January ends bitter cold with February still cold while snow falls at the end of the month in to March to give us some good snow.

Wooly worms. I haven't really seen them yet, like mysteriously seen very few. The ones I have are solid black.

What color underwear is Beerball wearing right now?

He does generally favor women's underwear....

I have heard the same. Growing up his teen years were very confusing when all of his friends were bragging about getting in to a girls panties. Beerball took that the wrong way.

I have heard the same. Growing up his teen years were very confusing when all of his friends were bragging about getting in to a girls panties. Beerball took that the wrong way.

Subtleties of the English language, to your point, are not are not solidly in his grasp.

Wooly worms. I haven't really seen them yet, like mysteriously seen very few. The ones I have are solid black.

They're all over the place in New England.

Thanks for the update. Why would you shoot any squirrels? What did they ever do to you?

• 3 months later...

There damn well better be a lot of snow this winter. I just went out and spent $900 on a new snow blower. Shoveled my 40 foot driveway all last winter, and we had tons of snow here in Vermont. Can't wait to fire that baby up!!

Hows that Snow Blower working out Johnny....the acorns never lie!!!!

well, not much here in Richmond, but i will take credit nonetheless!!!

Edited by plenzmd1